SALES DIRECTOR, NORTH AMERICA - TDM SYSTEMS
TDM Systems is the leading provider of Tool Data Management in the machining industry. We are an agile, international, fast-growing organization and part of the Sandvik group of companies. Industry 4.0 and digitization are our central topics and we consider new technologies and trends, including cloud computing. More than 28 years’ experience, in-depth development expertise and proximity to tool manufacturers make TDM Systems unique. TDM Systems has its headquarters in Tübingen, Germany and subsidiary in Chicago (USA) and is now looking for a high-performing Sales Director. This is a unique opportunity to define the vision and execute our strategy to build, shape, and grow our Sales team in North America.
As Sales Director, you are responsible for managing and leading the day-to-day revenue/sales activities for the locally based sales team. This includes many aspects of sales whether assisting, reporting, selling within a defined sales region, monitoring, managing, providing feedback and suggestions/recommendations or planning for growth. You are also responsible for building executive relationships with clients and partners and ensuring overall client satisfaction at the highest levels.
Reporting to the VP Sales , the Sales Director is charged with expanding our business and helping take the North American region’s sales to the next level.
- Developing and executing strategic plan to achieve sales targets and expand our customer base. You own and hit/exceed annual sales targets within assigned territory and accounts, with regional sales managers and TDM partners.
- Defining, implementing and managing processes for pipeline management, forecasting, strategic account development and performance management. Establishing sales activity targets for such things as face to face call frequency, demo activity, proposal activity, prospect calling, pipeline size and deal closure.
- Building and maintaining strong, long-lasting customer relationships.
- Partnering with customers to understand their business needs and objective and effectively communicating the value proposition through proposals and presentations.
- Further developing TDM Inc’ Sales Organization, recruiting high-caliber talent, defining optimal team structure and providing meaningful input to compensation plans. You keep territories filled and ensure optimal sales capacity, within budget constraints.
Your character – a role model for selling excellence
We place great value in your personality, characterized by your communicative and inspiring leadership style and the ability to build strong and dedicated teams. You can readily develop executive level relationships with current and prospective customers and are effective and credible with industry leaders when engaged. Approaching selling from a business solution perspective, you ensure that products and services accurately address the client’s true business. You’re also a skilled negotiator with strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask.
- A proven track record of Sales Leadership Success: Track record of selling, leading sales teams and delivering sales performance. Consistently high performance from year to year is key.
- Solution / Offering Knowledge & Expertise: Understands or able to quickly understand the Tool Lifecycle management business and related solutions. Can clearly and succinctly articulate value proposition for what TDM does well.
- Sales Management process expertise: Defines, implements and manages processes for pipeline management, forecasting, strategic account development and performance management.
- Industry Knowledge & Expertise: Understands market landscape, industry trends and has relationships with key influencers. Scope includes competitors, partners, consultants, trade organizations, and major customers. Preferably five to ten years’ sales experience in the metal cutting industry - likely in software solutions for manufacturing (industry 4.0.)
Other keys in your profile
- Ability to fully utilize Microsoft Office and relevant tools
- University degree in economics, engineering or a comparable course of study
- Excellent skills in English, both verbally and in writing
- Valid and current driver’s license
- Must have valid working permit
At Sandvik, we believe that diversity of experience, perspective and background will lead to a better environment for our employees, our business and, thereby, our customers.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
Deadline: Not set