Advisory Service Technician
Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions is looking for
Advisory Service Technicians
If you have a strong technical background, strong diagnostic skills then we have this first-rate opportunity. We are a global leading supplier in equipment and tools, parts, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. Applications include rock drilling, rock cutting, loading and hauling, tunneling and quarrying.
Key performance areas
The Advisory Services Technician is responsible for demonstrating technical leadership as the subject matter authority using an understanding of concepts and principles in the area of expertise. They will work closely with clients using an expert understanding of the client’s needs to act as a trusted advisor and resolve appropriate solutions to improve efficiency and reduce downtime.
Additionally, the applicant will:
- Provide technical mentorship and expertise to the maintenance personnel and provide opportunities for continuous improvement
- Perform sophisticated troubleshooting for highly complex equipment issues, provide technical feedback and reports
- Perform a root cause analysis on breakdowns and sub-standard performance of equipment, share findings and build reports
- Assist in resolving recommended parts and maintenance
- Collaborate with remote monitoring
- Stay current with industry, customer, product developments and technical standard methodologies
- Build and maintain positive relationships and integrity with internal and external customers to ensure smooth operations and high customer happiness within primary area of responsibility and across the Sandvik network.
- Mentor and coach site mechanics and operators
- Participate in site meetings (lineouts, toolbox and weekly/monthly) to promote excellence in communications
- Stay current and in compliance with all Sandvik, Customer, State, and Federal regulatory safety policies.
The role may require working in mining environment, construction surface, and underground. This position is located in the Elko, NV area.
- The successful candidate will possess a technical certification or diploma in a mechanical subject area and 10 years of technical experience
- Training in key aspects of technical trades, a plus
- Maintain a valid driver’s license in good standing
- Strong mechanical proficiency and work ethic
- Previous work experience should demonstrate the candidate is a standout colleague with excellent communication and active listening skills
- The ability to maintain strong customer relations is helpful
- Flexible and self-motivated, with an aim to achieve high-level customer happiness.
Skillsets preferred are:
- Excellent troubleshooting ability with diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Digital literacy
- Ability to facilitate technical training and impart detailed information
- Must conform to ISO Standards
Sandvik offers a phenomenal catalog of benefits and employee perks such as:
- Benefits eligibility that begin 30 days after start date
- Health care eligibility that includes, medical, dental, vision, prescription and telemedicine
- Paid vacation with up to 40 hours available to roll over in to the next year
- Toolkit valued at $1500 and a yearly $500 allowance
- A very strong 401(k) retirement savings plan. We contribute 5% annual salary to the Retirement Savings plan. We also match 50% of the first 6%.
- Tuition reimbursement
In addition to these outstanding benefits, Sandvik provides all Service Technicians with a company laptop and cell phone, Sandvik uniforms.
Sandvik provides opportunities for competence development and training, as well as, opportunities for career advancement. We believe diversity is meaningful for success and growth.
How to Apply
For consideration, please apply https://www.home.sandvik/en/careers/ for the Advisory Service Technician position, Job Req. ID# R0037071.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set