Application Specialist, Salt Lake City, UT
Sandvik Coromant is looking for an
Application Specialist, in the Salt Lake City, Utah area.
If you are customer-focused and have a passion for excellence, with a background in the tooling & machining industry, Sandvik Coromant wants to speak with you about this exciting Applications Specialist opportunity!
There is an Application Specialist Position available in the West Region. The desired candidate will be flexible within the Utah, Wyoming, Montana area.
- Application Specialist Estimated Overnight Travel: 25%
*** Estimated Overnight Travel will vary depending on the business needs/ situation.
SANDVIK COROMANT is the world’s leading supplier of tools, tooling solutions, and know-how to the manufacturing industry. Our customers, which include major manufacturers within aerospace, automotive, medical, energy and general engineering, rely on us to provide the highest level of knowledge, service and support to help them achieve their goals for productivity and profitability. With extensive investments in research and development, we bring game-changing technologies and solutions to a dynamic industry driven by a demand for constant innovation. We have 8,000 employees and are represented in 130 countries, uniquely positioning us to set the industry standard for high technology manufacturing now and for the future. Sandvik Coromant is part of the business area Sandvik Machining Solutions within the 150-year old global industrial group Sandvik.
Key performance areas
The Applications Specialist fulfills and implements total delivery of technical solutions and works with end customers and distributors, in close cooperation with Account Managers to grow share of wallet while providing the ultimate customer experience. Provides integrated solutions by coordinating and organizing interactions between technical and commercial departments. Develops test applications used for testing modules, including customer specific components.
Main duties and responsibilities:
Fulfilling and delivering expertise in relevant technical products and application solutions to Customers and collaboratively working with Account Managers to maximize and extend business opportunities. You will be responsible for ensuring Sandvik Coromant products are correctly implemented and deployed, competitor conversions are minimized, and help customers recognize the value of utilizing Sandvik Coromant tools and technology. Closely collaborate with Account Managers in technical presentations and customer interactions to ensure suitable business opportunities and solutions are identified and secured for Sandvik Coromant.
Additionally, the Application Specialist will:
- Fulfills total delivery of technical solution and sales support to end-customers and distributors, in close cooperation with Account Managers to grow share of wallet at maintain, strengthen and develop customers
- Coordinates and organizes interaction between technical and commercial departments of the company, as well as relevant distributor services for projects in the sales/cluster department
- Prepares integrated solutions for customers
- Engaged by Account Managers to visits current and potential accounts
- Provide new product and service introduction to customers in collaboration with the account manager
- Recommends products and services that fit well with clients’ business needs during solution offer with Account Managers
- Responds to more complex technical questions regarding the products, systems or services
- Develops and delivers training to educate internal employees and external partners and customers on the features of their purchase
- Troubleshoots, investigates, and resolves technical problems that arise during or after implementation
- Develops test applications used for testing modules, including customer-specific components
Way of Working
- You can build effective working relationships with end customers and distributors to secure agreed priorities implementation
- Supports Sales activities including analysis of customer’s technical needs; suggests and implements solutions
- Ambassador for driving new ways of working and future technology within field of expertise to ensure customers’ needs are fulfilled and profitable business is gained
- Accountable to ensure successful opportunities are identified by Account Managers or others are qualified and as appropriate products are technically applied in a first-class manner to maximize Sandvik Coromant’s market share and profitable business
- Documents applied products and services performance and savings, whether successful or unsuccessful to ensure Sandvik Coromant can develop and deliver the most competitive products on the market.
- Leads the customer projects from start to finish together with Account Manager
- Ensures post-sales activities include resolving implementation problems and conduct trainings relevant trainings
- Liaises with hardware, software, and systems design engineers to ensure products and services are modified, configured, and installed per customer needs
- Works to ensure technical alignment between all internal and external stakeholders and customers
- Monitor competitors’ landscape and alternative solutions that can jeopardize Sandvik Coromant’s business
Business Development - Support
Develops business plans in collaboration with Account Managers as appropriate, to ensure market share increases/key product focus within the sales department are achieved in line with financial targets and KPI’s. Work with Account Manager to proactively deliver Customer needs analysis.
Degree or equivalent qualification in mechanical/manufacturing engineering or a related field. Solid and proven technical experience with engineering cutting tools skills and knowledge. Proven track record in delivering good business results. Strong knowledge of commercial and technical terms and conditions. Relevant experience from CAD/CAM. Relevant application knowledge. Project management knowledge and experience managing external and internal customer relationships is an advantage. People management experience is an advantage. Must possess a current driver’s license valid for his/her state of primary residence.
- Broad technical knowledge in metal cutting tools and strong competence in area of expertise
- Structured and organized business orientated approach to support a diverse and geographically spread team
- Ability to manage customer requests and business issues effectively, capable of leveraging all resources
- Ability to listen to customers and sales project teams to understand underlying needs and ensure suitable technical solutions are delivered to secure profitable business for Sandvik Coromant
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant software programs, e.g. CAD/CAM
- Knowledge in digital technologies in metalworking (industry 4.0)
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
For immediate consideration, please apply online at Sandvik.com/careers to the Application Specialist, Salt Lake City, UT position. If you have any questions or concerns please reach out to Kristina Parks by email at Kristina.Parks_c@sandvik.com
Sandvik Coromant is a part of global industrial engineering group Sandvik and is at the forefront of developing manufacturing tools and machining solutions, with knowledge that drives the industry standards and innovations demanded by the metalworking industry now and in the next industrial era. Collaborations with educational institutions, extensive investment in research and development and strong partnerships with customers support the development of advanced machining technologies and systems that will change, lead and drive the future of manufacturing. Sandvik Coromant owns over 3100 patents worldwide, employs over 8,000 staff, and is represented in 130 countries.
Sandvik Coromant s an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set