Technology Specialist - Montana
Newtrax Technologies Inc, part of Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions is looking for
Location - Montana
Newtrax Technologies Inc. designs and develops battery powered wireless networking solutions. The company’s products include central services, machinery modems and sensors and data loggers for the underground mining industries.
This position is responsible for delivering, coordinating, managing and supporting technical services deployments of Newtrax solutions. This role takes ownership and responsibility for project execution and client success on project tasks throughout the assigned region. This role’s primarily focus is in the deployment, ongoing services and support of hardware and configuration.
- Perform 1st, 2nd and 3rd- line problem analysis of client system onsite with a high degree of customer satisfaction.
- Working with Applications team to verify hardware installations, system configurations and integrity of overall solution is aligned
- Provide SME level training to system power users and management teams.
- Verify site audit reports, understand context, communicate impacts to various stakeholders including sales, services and clients.
- In conjunction with sales teams and services managers, understand customer technical requirements and document what is necessary to adapt our solutions to improve customers operations and process
- Generate Product and Project Installation and Commissioning Documentation
- Present key deployment findings/outcomes and make suggestions for process improvements (internally) and operational improvements to key client stakeholders.
- Engage periodically with Newtrax R&D to scope, test and validate emerging technology and system enhancements.
- Take responsibility for training junior members of the team
- Provide work estimates for the installation and commissioning of hardware along with training and commissioning activities
Supervisory or Coaching role
- Provides subject matter guidance to colleagues.
- Oversee and direct work completed by Level 1 and 2 Technology specialists.
- Manage and Coordinate On-Site Installation and Commissioning Activities
- Ensure all On-Site work is completed to the correct quality standards
Ensuring the day-to-day proper functioning of various activities and identify priorities to achieve the quality standards of the activities or delivered services. When needed, take action and achieve expected results.
Minimum Required Education/Experience
College Degree in electrical, electromechanical, or automation engineering technology with 7+ years in a similar role. Onsite/field services, Client support roles related to electrical / automation projects in the Mining Industry
Technical Skills/Knowledge Required
- RF Spectrum standards
- Electrical Safety Standards.
- Requirements Analysis
- Electronic and Solution design
- Positioning systems
- Collision Avoidance Systems
- Environmental monitoring systems
- Electrical Standards
- Hydraulic Standards
- Digital radio principles
- Communication and Network Systems
- Wireless technologies (WiFi, LTE, UHF, VHF,BLE, RFID)
- Vehicle electrical and hydraulic systems. CANBus
- IoT Sensors, protocols
- Test tools
- Valid Driver’s License and clean Driver’s Abstract
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position; 12 hours shift and rotation.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of life, health, dental, and disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at http://www.sandvik.com/careers/ for the Technology Specialist position Req. ID # R0036577
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set