Field Service Technician - Knoxville, TN
Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions is looking for
Field Service Technician - Knoxville, TN
If you have a strong mechanical or electrical background and strong diagnostic skills, Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology welcomes you to consider this fantastic Service Technician opportunity!
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining industry. The offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
Key performance areas
As the Field Service Technician, you will troubleshoot, repair, and maintain mechanical and/or electrical aspects of surface and underground mining equipment and components at high profile mining sites. The Field Service Technician is also responsible for new equipment commissioning and training at customer sites with minimal supervision.
Additionally, the Field Service Technician will:
- Inspect equipment for proper performance and determines faults and malfunctions
- Adjust equipment and repair/replace defective parts components or systems according to scopes of work
- Tests repaired equipment to ensure proper operational performance
- Complete accurate time records, technical reports, failure reports, and parts lists
- Actively participate in continuous improvement initiatives
- Stay current with industry, customer, product developments and technical best practices Customer Service
- Build strong relationships with internal and external customers to ensure smooth operations and customer satisfaction
- Stay current and in compliance with all Sandvik, Customer, State, and Federal regulatory safety policies.
- Ensure customer satisfaction within area of primary responsibility
A relocation package will be available when new branch location identified, but employee will work remotely and travel until then.
Flexibility is a must for this opportunity and travel across the US is required.
You possess a technical certification or diploma in mechanical or electrical fields and a minimum of 5 years related experience with industry-specific equipment. Experience with underground and/or surface mining equipment is highly preferred, and diesel and high voltage electrical experience would be an advantage. You are a team player with excellent communication and active listening skills and the ability to maintain strong customer relations with internal and external customers. You are flexible and self-motivated, with a drive to achieve customer satisfaction. The ability to work a varied shift schedule is required for this role.
The Field Service Technician will also possess:
- Excellent troubleshooting ability with strong diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics and electrical systems
- Ability to read blueprints and interpret equipment schematics
- Computer literacy
- Ability to facilitate technical training and impart detailed information
- Must confirm to ISO Standards
Sandvik offers a phenomenal catalog of benefits and employee perks such as:
- Benefits eligibility that begin 30 days after start date
- Health care eligibility that includes, medical, dental, vision, prescription and telemedicine
- Paid vacation with up to 40 hours available to roll over in to the next year
- Toolkit valued at $1500 and a yearly $500 allowance
- A very strong 401(k) retirement savings plan. We contribute 5% annual salary to the Retirement Savings plan. We also match 50% of the first 6%
- Tuition reimbursement
In addition to these outstanding benefits, Sandvik provides all Field Service Technicians with a company laptop and cell phone, Sandvik uniforms and company issued service truck (depending on location).
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.home.sandvik/careers to the Field Service Technician position, Job Req. # R0036472.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set