Regional Commercial Manager
Sandvik Rock Processing Solutions
Regional Commercial Manager – Milton
Our Company and Culture
Sandvik Rock Processing Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a global leading supplier of crushing and screening solutions for the mining and construction industries. In 2020, the Sandvik Group had approximately 37,000 employees in more than 160 countries.
We conduct business in a sustainable and responsible manner. To achieve this, we always act in line with our high ethical standards, putting safety first and always showing consideration for the environment and the communities in which we operate. The safety and well-being of our employees and the environment are our core values. Finally, we care about others and build relationships based on honesty, respect and trust.
At Sandvik, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
The Regional Commercial Manager supports all major accounts, contract negotiations (including KPI development and reporting), as well as assess contract business profitability and analysis of business growth opportunities. Commercial management practices are common across the Business Area (for customers and distributors) with the goal to develop mutually profitable relationships with customers by both minimizing business risk and maximizing overall profitability.
This role is a part-time requirement, however Sandvik recognises the desire for flexible working options. The expect hours are 3 days a week, however, how this is allocated is open to discussion with Management.
Areas of responsibility
- Work with the central Commercial Management team in the ongoing development of commercial management process improvements, process mapping, audit tools, and user guidelines.
- Determine how to best engage with new business to minimize the commercial risk and maximize overall profitability.
- Develop and maintain standard SRP quotation / proposal / contract templates to drive consistent customer experience and mitigate commercial and legal risk.
- Investigate and log any process deviations within the region – recommend next steps to drive accountability and continuous improvement.
- Act as Approver for any commercial deviations within new quotations, working cross- functionally as required to ensure compliance with other parts of the business such as Sandvik Financial Services.
- Formal management of the business risk assessment of contracts (new and amended) prior to business commitment, for sales areas and distributor network within the region.
- Assess risks and viability of the long-term profitability of proposed deals – query logic, ensure business cases are comprehensive and an accurate reflection of projected invoicing and COGS levels – this includes any bundled (more than one Division or Division Business Unit) deals, which require unbiased assessment of overall risk/benefits to Sandvik Mining.
- Participate as required in Customer Negotiations within your region as needed based on scale / complexity of the deal.
- Participate in forensic process auditing of regional adherence to internal policies and procedures, prepare gap assessments and recommended gap closures
You will have a university qualification in Law/Business and extensive experience working with contractual documents and managing commercial issues. You Will have knowledge of the Mining industry, with exposure to fixed plant equipment a distinct advantage. You will be experience in contract development, with a deep understanding of legal terms and conditions, and able to comprehend financial reports and with a thorough understanding of business case assessments.
You will be skilled in contract negotiation and mediation, and able to work within contract view plans and new agreements. You act as a trusted advisor and conduct yourself with integrity, trustworthiness, and with great attention to detail.
Agencies need not apply.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
What we offer
- A rewarding career with diverse opportunities
- Flexibility to work from home
- An Employee Benefits Program including salary sacrifice options
- 12.5% Superannuation on top of all earnings
- Company Performance Bonus scheme
- Length of Service Recognition program
- Company funded paid parental leave
- Training and development opportunities
Sandvik is proud to be a Work180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and benefits on the Work180 website.
07 3621 1823
Applications close: 18 December 2021 or sooner if the right applicant is found
Deadline: Dec 18