Global Account Manager - Freeport McMoRan
Global Account Manager – Freeport McMoRan Inc. (Phoenix, AZ)
You are a customer focused thought leader, with the technical insight to perceive what your customer needs. You instinctively work cross functionally to drive both action and results, and are a confident and enthusiastic leader. You’re a team player, who lives and promotes a culture of continuous improvement, innovative solutions, safety, and you thrive under prssure. Come explore a great opportunity as a Global Account Manager within Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a leading global supplier of equipment, tools, service, and technical solutions for the mining industry. The product offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, loading and hauling and materials handling.
Key Performance Areas
As a Global Account Manager you will be task to:
- Achieve sustainable profitable growth of a Global Key Customer Account of Sandvik's by driving the value selling team effort.
- Be the expert on the customer and its needs, consider all of Sandvik's product and service offering, know Sandvik's position with the customer, create/identify opportunities - and set a winning strategy and action plan for the account teams to implement to proactively offer valuable solutions that the customer finds contributing to its success, becoming a go-to-partner that is preferred over the competition.
- Be the ambassador of Sandvik assuring quality communication.
- Contribute to a clear understanding of, and adherence to, Compliance.
- Lead the management and building of customer relationships
Build sustainable and profitable customer account business growth
Create a yearly Account Business Plan (ABP) and implement it.
- Lead the global ABP work, with input from local KAMs who prepare the local plans.
- Understand the customer and its needs; including the dynamics and processes, the value chain and business drivers, their ambitions and initiatives, areas where we can help them succeed.
- Understand Sandvik's position with the customer (e.g. geographic and product portfolio white spots / market shares; and relationship status)
- Identify opportunities (incl CAPEX forecast)
- Develop account vision, strategic objectives, collaboration roadmap, opportunity mapping / targeting, focus areas / success factors, and action plans - all supporting the customer in becoming successful in meeting their goals/strategy. This sets the direction for the team.
- Site-level planning, Division by Division
- Proactively share/develop the plans with each of the relevant Divisions
- Regularly follow up the implementation of the action plans with the account teams
- Support SRP business development. SRP will drive and manage the sales directly.
Manage sales opportunities - from scoping to negotiated agreement
- Driver of major tenders and global agreements
- Proactively propose all SMR's products and services to the customer, as relevant. Know the latest offering.
- Stimulate creativity within Sandvik and with the customer to identify/create winning solutions that help make the customer successful in reaching its goals
- Guide the customer towards the possibilities with Sandvik - make the value proposition known, in general (the value of Sandvik, e.g. innovation R&D, reliability, support, global presence) and specifically (the benefits of specific product/service solutions)
- Guide the Sandvik organization towards delivering value and results with the customer (know what they want)
- Apply value-based pricing (as opposed to cost-plus pricing)
- Prepare offers, negotiate and finalize agreement
- Establish long-term agreements, if appropriate (e.g. Global Framework Agreement, GFA)
Lead local KAM’s / Lead account team
- Develop engaged and participative Account Team
- Involve the team in the Account Business Planning and implementation to create motivation and commitment. Make the plan set the direction for the team.
- Follow up on action plans. Delegate and support. Mentor and coach.
- Work closely with Business Line Managers (BLM)
Manage relationships, and communication
- Know the customer organization and its dynamics
- Build and maintain a broad contact network at all levels, well beyond Purchasing
- Make the relationships support the business
- Manage projects and collaborations to enhance long term customer relationships at all levels
- Assure quality communication with the customer and within Sandvik
- Manage customer's expectations to ensure Sandvik can deliver
- Act as an ambassador representing Sandvik; a reference for the customer for opportunities or issues. Escalation. Also, advocate for the customer internally.
- Brand/reputation management
- Rally internal executive support when needed
Maintain profitability of account, and manage contracts
- Review portfolio - pricing, mix, conditions
- Maintain SMR contractual conditions (e.g. payment terms)
- Adhere to Global Framework Agreement (GFA) if applicable
Gather customer intelligence, e.g. fleet analysis by mine site; and input to BLMs to address product offering.
Monitor customer satisfaction
We offer a competitive compensation package. Generous benefit package includes life, health, dental, PTO, holidays, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at http://www.sandvik.com/careers/ for the Global Account Manager – Freeport McMoRan position, Job Req. ID# R0034206.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set