Field Service Technician
Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions is looking for
Underground Field Service Technician - Living Location Flexible
If you have a strong technical background, strong diagnostic skills then we have this first-rate opportunity.
We are a global leading supplier in equipment and tools, parts, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. Applications include rock drilling, rock cutting, loading and hauling, tunneling and quarrying.
Key performance areas
The applicant should be able to troubleshoot, repair, and maintain mechanical and/or electrical aspects of underground mining equipment and components at high profile mining sites. This role is also responsible for new equipment commissioning and training at customer sites with minimal direction. This role will cover the Nevada market but will also travel to work locations all across the USA!
Additionally, the applicant will:
- Inspect equipment for accurate performance and resolves faults and malfunctions
- Adjust equipment and repair/replace defective parts components or systems according to scopes of work
- Tests repaired equipment to ensure accurate operational performance
- Complete accurate time records, technical reports, failure reports, and parts lists
- Actively participate in continuous improvement initiatives
- Stay current with industry, customer, product developments and technical standard methodologies
- Build and maintain positive relationships and integrity with internal and external customers to ensure smooth operations and high customer happiness within primary area of responsibility and across the Sandvik network.
- Stay current and in compliance with all Sandvik, Customer, State, and Federal regulatory safety policies.
This opportunity will spend a good portion of their time working underground, so applicants must be comfortable with these conditions. Due to the nature of this role 50% or more travel will be required, so a company vehicle will be provided.
This position is for a 2-week on 1-week off rotation
- The successful candidate will possess a technical certification or diploma in mechanical or electrical fields and a 5+ years of industry related experience
- Diesel and high voltage electrical experience would be helpful
- Maintain a valid driver’s license in good standing
- Strong mechanical aptitude and work ethic
- Previous work experience should demonstrate the candidate is a standout colleague with excellent communication and active listening skills
- The ability to maintain strong customer relations is helpful
- Flexible and self-motivated, with an aim to achieve high-level customer happiness.
Skillsets preferred are:
- Excellent troubleshooting ability with diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics and electrical systems
- Ability to read blueprints and interpret equipment schematics
- Digital literacy
- Ability to facilitate technical training and impart detailed information
- Must conform to ISO Standards
Sandvik offers a phenomenal catalog of benefits and employee perks such as:
Benefits eligibility that begin 30 days after start date
Health care eligibility that includes, medical, dental, vision, prescription and telemedicine
Paid vacation with up to 40 hours available to roll over in to the next year
Toolkit valued at $1500 and a yearly $500 allowance
A very strong 401(k) retirement savings plan. We contribute 5% annual salary to the Retirement Savings plan. We also match 50% of the first 6%.
In addition to these outstanding benefits, Sandvik provides all Field Service Technicians with a company laptop and cell phone, Sandvik uniforms and company issued service truck (depending on location).
Sandvik provides opportunities for competence development and training, as well as, opportunities for career advancement. We believe diversity is meaningful for success and growth.
How to Apply
For consideration, please apply www.home.sandvik/en/careers for the Underground Field Service Technician position, Job Req. ID# R0032831.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set