Business Line Manager, Load & Haul
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is seeking a
Business Line Manager (BLM) – Load & Haul
Location: Greater Sudbury (Lively) or Mississauga (GTA)
At Sandvik, we offer you a world of opportunities. Our diverse businesses and global network enable you to explore your potential and thrive. We recognize your performance and offer various ways to fuel your growth towards exceptional achievements.
Currently, we have an opening for a Business Line Manager (BLM) – Load & Haul. The BLM – Load & Haul’s primary objectives are customer satisfaction, market share, and profitability. The role is customer focused and concentrates on the development and implementation of sales strategies for Load and Haul, both diesel and BEV equipment within the Sales Area.
Are you an inspired leader with a track record for driving results? We want to hear from you!
While searching for the best opportunity for yourself today, we are already thinking ahead of your future tomorrow. So now we challenge you to take it one step further and apply!
What you will be doing
Responsibility includes overall results of the respective Business Line, within the Sales Area, and is accountable for the success and the long-term viability of the business.
This role is the very face of the Load & Haul business, and to be successful you are expected to have high level communications with the Division. The BLM is responsible for providing the focus and execution of the Divisions Strategy.
Responsibility also includes leadership, development and management of the Business Line team, with a strong focus on ensuring the team also works collaboratively with the Account Management teams, and other business lines, to maximize the business potential sales opportunities.
Business Growth and Development
- The BLM is responsible for providing the business quarterly forecast and equipment budget for the Sales Area.
- Support marketing and strategy with new product launches, is responsible for updating market share information in the Canadian market.
- Drive sales (may include handling all aspects of bidding, project studies, customer requests, providing leads, assisting on or making sales calls, making presentations, providing training, providing competitive intelligence, etc…) directly to Customers and internally to our Account Managers and Sales Representatives and to our dealers
- Responsible for Business Line – Load & Haul and NWC within Sales Area, achieving profitability targets, and aligning with the global Division’s financial targets.
- Develop and enhance the overall relationship with key customers, leading to constructive and profitable business partnerships. This will require involvement in the compilation of tenders and long-term contracts, as well as working with Service team to ensure customer ‘technical’ issues are resolved.
- Identifying new business opportunities and collaborating actively with the business unit management to drive them forward
- Growing revenue and profitability through direct personal customer management to key corporate accounts in the Sales Area. Ensures expert technical support is provided at a high level to guarantee our customers extract maximum value from our products.
- Creates business development plans and targets for the product range in collaboration with the Product Line Manager and the regional Customer Segment Manager. This will include the introduction of new products into the market.
- Working cooperatively and in collaboration with Account Management team to identify and pursue customer sales opportunities. Leveraging bundled deals as a tool to gain market share, where applicable.
- Create customer value propositions for the local market to proactively create opportunities for Sandvik.
- Coordinates data from the market for analysis, research and design engineering for the successful development of new product offerings.
Environmental Health and Safety
- Champion of EHS in all aspects our day to day work.
- We are ethical and compliant, dedicated to health, safety, and sustainability. We put health and safety first!
What you will bring along
- University Business Degree or Technical Diploma from a relevant field of study or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of sales, sales support, business development or other similar role in mining industry experience
- Demonstrated leadership, people management skills and result oriented approach.
- Demonstrated ability to create and develop product strategies and plans.
- Skills to analyze data from multiple viewpoints including market data, competitive offerings, and other information sources.
- Customer focus and experience developing strong customer relationships
- Possesses an independent and resourceful nature whilst structured and systematic in approach.
- Builds a desire to take responsibility, works together and cooperates within and between teams.
- Creates a climate where people feel involved and valued where goals are shared.
- Able to see the big picture and formulate responses accordingly.
- Rises above the detail to see the patterns, trends, or implications before planning or acting.
- Ability to manage changing priorities.
- Flexible, self-motivated with demonstrated initiative.
- Highly developed time management and organizational skills.
In return for your passion and drive we will offer you…
- The opportunity to make an impact on our Divisions’ performance.
- The opportunity to be part of an ambitious team, in an industry leading business.
- The opportunity to reach your full potential.
- An excellent comprehensive compensation package including a pension plan with matching, competitive health, dental, life and disability benefits as well as ongoing development and training.
Our core values are the soul of the company. They guide us in our actions and daily business decisions. We are a company with an open-minded culture that encourages employees to share ideas and work innovatively. We embrace diversity and inclusion and inspire everyone to bring their authentic selves to work everyday!
We take pride in our agile customer-focused decision making. We empower our employees, providing strong performance management and opportunities to grow your career.
Do you want to learn more?
To learn more about Sandvik, our people and products please visit our website: https://www.home.sandvik/en/about-us/
How to Apply
Qualified candidates can apply at www.sandvik.com/careers to the Business Line Manager – Load & Haul, requisition R0032704. We thank all applicants. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are always available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Deadline: Not set