Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions
Service Technician – Cobar
Our Company and Culture
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a global leading supplier of equipment and tools, parts, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. In 2020, the Sandvik Group had approximately 37,000 employees in more than 160 countries.
We conduct business in a sustainable and responsible manner. To achieve this, we always act in line with our high ethical standards, putting safety first and always showing consideration for the environment and the communities in which we operate. The safety and well-being of our employees and the environment are our core values. Finally, we care about others and build relationships based on honesty, respect and trust.
At Sandvik, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Sandvik is seeking applications from a motivated Service Technician for our team in Cobar. This role is responsible for ensuring efficient maintenance and repair of our client’s Sandvik Mining equipment both in the workshop and local sites. This will be a Monday to Friday roster, residential role.
Areas of responsibility
- Australian recognized Mechanical Trade Certification
- Leading, developing & mentoring a team, while Implementing process improvements to increase workshop productivity and performance
- Forward plan and adjust to customers problems & support with addressing daily issues
- Conduct pre-shift meetings
- Plan, organize and distribute work within the workshop.
- Liaise with third parties and customers as necessary to ensure work flows smoothly.
- Maintain a safe work environment and encourage a strong safety culture.
- Strive for Continuous improvement to the organization and efficiency of the workshop while ensuring quality is not diminished while achieving timeframes.
- Provide technical guidance and training to the workgroup as necessary.
- Ensure that all parts are returned to allow for job completion.
Agencies need not apply
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job and the ability to pass a pre-employment medical.
What we offer
- A rewarding career with diverse opportunities
- An Employee Benefits Program including salary sacrifice options
- 10% Superannuation on top of all earnings
- Company Performance Bonus scheme
- Length of Service Recognition program
- Company funded paid parental leave
- Training and development opportunities
Sandvik is proud to be a Work180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and benefits on the Work180 website.
0448 044 698
Applications close: 06-11-2021 or sooner if the right applicant is found
Deadline: Nov 9