Electric Mining Vehicle Technician
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is seeking an
Electric Mining Vehicle Technician
At Sandvik, we offer you a world of opportunities. Our diverse businesses and global network enable you to explore your potential and thrive. We recognize your performance and offer various ways to fuel your growth towards exceptional achievements.
Currently, we have an opening for an Electric Mining Vehicle Technician. We are looking for multi-disciplined, talented technicians who have an interest in learning the electrical vehicle sector of the mining industry. We are willing to train the right person in a multitude of areas if they are sharp, have a natural ability to absorb information, and have a passion for the technologies. This exciting new role is the starting point to a dynamic career in the mining industry.
Are you interested in developing new skills in the emerging battery hybrid electric vehicle segment? Do you have a strong technical competence and a willingness and aptitude to learn? We want to hear from you!
While searching for the best opportunity for yourself today, we are already thinking ahead of your future tomorrow. So now we challenge you to take it one step further and apply!
What you will be doing
- You will be responsible for a variety of electrical and mechanical duties including but not limited to building, testing, and dismantling and rebuilding mining vehicles, installing complete battery-electric drive systems.
- Servicing and maintaining equipment.
- Troubleshooting electric drive systems and supporting the customer by working on systems on surface and underground.
- Travelling to remote sites on a 7- or 14-day rotation.
- Working independently with changing priorities.
- Diagnosing failures, securing parts, and getting equipment operating again under tight deadlines.
- Becoming an expert in BEV, training mine operators and maintenance staff on equipment.
Environmental Health and Safety
- We are ethical and compliant, dedicated to health, safety, and sustainability. We put health and safety first!
What you will bring along
- Certified Red Seal Heavy Equipment Technician or equivalent.
- Robotics, Mechatronics, and electro-mechanical experience considered an asset.
- Experience building and fabricating, machining, and prototyping considered an asset.
- Knowledge and understanding of hydraulics, 3D software and coding.
- Strong hands-on mechanical and electrical skillset.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to work quickly, diligently, and independently.
- Ability to work with a multi-disciplinary team.
- Superior written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
In return for your passion and drive we will offer you…
- The opportunity to make an impact on our business performance.
- The opportunity to be part of an ambitious team, in an industry leading business.
- The opportunity to reach your full potential.
- Ongoing development and training.
- An excellent comprehensive compensation package including a pension plan with matching, competitive health, dental, life and disability benefits.
Our core values are the soul of the company. They guide us in our actions and daily business decisions. We are a company with an open-minded culture that encourages employees to share ideas and work innovatively. We embrace diversity and inclusion and inspire everyone to bring their authentic selves to work everyday!
We take pride in our agile customer-focused decision making. We empower our employees, providing strong performance management and opportunities to grow your career.
Do you want to learn more?
To learn more about Sandvik, our people and products please visit our website: https://www.home.sandvik/en/about-us/
How to Apply
Qualified candidates can apply at www.sandvik.com/careers to the Electric Mining Vehicle Technician, requisition R0032113. We thank all applicants. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are always available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Deadline: Dec 30