Heavy Duty Equipment Technician
Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions is seeking a
Heavy Duty Equipment Technician
At Sandvik, we offer you a world of opportunities. Our diverse businesses and global network enable you to explore your potential and thrive. We recognize your performance and offer various ways to fuel your growth towards exceptional achievements.
Currently, we have an opening for a Heavy Duty Equipment Technician. The Heavy Duty Equipment Technician is responsible for troubleshooting and the repair and maintenance of mechanical and electrical aspects of equipment and components.
Are you a Licensed Red Seal Heavy Duty Equipment Technician and want to be part of an integrated, broad team? If so, we want to hear from you!
While searching for the best opportunity for yourself today, we are already thinking ahead of your future tomorrow. So now we challenge you to take it one step further and apply!
What you will be doing
- Follows scope of work within time constraints to meet established delivery targets.
- Inspects equipment for proper performance and determines faults and malfunctions.
- Adjusts equipment & repairs/replaces defective parts components or systems according to scope of work.
- Identifies additional repairs, compiles parts and labor estimates and communicates to the supervisor.
- Completes accurate time records, technical reports, failure reports, parts listings and submits drawing revisions.
- Tests repaired equipment to ensure proper operational performance.
- Commissioning new equipment.
- Actively participates in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Stays current with industry, customer, product developments and technical best practices.
- Performs other relevant duties as assigned by the manager
Environmental Health and Safety
- We are ethical and compliant, dedicated to health, safety, and sustainability. We put health and safety first!
What you will bring along
- Technical (Mechanical/Electrical) diploma is required
- Licensed Red Seal Heavy Equipment Mechanic is considered an asset
- Minimum 3-5 years’ related experience with industry specific equipment
- Previous experience with Sandvik equipment is considered an asset
- Ability to read/comprehend related schematics
- Ability to work as part of an integrated, broad team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible and self-motivated with demonstrated initiative
- Ability to develop knowledge of customer business processes in relation to product rebuild
- Developed time management and organizational skills
- Computer literacy (MS Office, Outlook)
In return for your passion and drive we will offer you…
- The opportunity to make an impact on our business performance.
- The opportunity to be part of an ambitious team, in an industry leading business.
- The opportunity to reach your full potential.
- Ongoing development and training.
- An excellent comprehensive compensation package including a pension plan with matching, competitive health, dental, life and disability benefits.
Our core values are the soul of the company. They guide us in our actions and daily business decisions. We are a company with an open-minded culture that encourages employees to share ideas and work innovatively. We embrace diversity and inclusion and inspire everyone to bring their authentic selves to work everyday!
We take pride in our agile customer-focused decision making. We empower our employees, providing strong performance management and opportunities to grow your career.
Do you want to learn more?
To learn more about Sandvik, our people and products please visit our website: https://www.home.sandvik/en/about-us/
How to Apply
Qualified candidates can apply at www.sandvik.com/careers to the Heavy Duty Equipment Technician position, requisition R0032077. We thank all applicants. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are always available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Deadline: Oct 5