Condition Monitoring Analyst
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions in Elko, NV
Condition Monitoring Analyst
Are you a driven professional with a continuous desire to learn and grow? You are a team player, live and promote a culture of safety, and you thrive under pressure. Come explore Condition Monitoring Analyst with Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions!
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a leading global supplier of equipment, tools, service, and technical solutions for the mining industry. The product offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
Key performance areas:
The Condition Monitoring Analyst has responsibility for measuring equipment reliability and condition as well as making recommendations to improve performance of customers equipment based on various digital tools. Condition monitoring provides support remotely to: bad actor identification, RCM analyses, FMEA analyses, identification of critical items, and direct predictive maintenance routines in support of the equipment reliability and production availability.
The role will provide and gather information from local reliability engineers and help them to be successful with new digital tools and ways of working. Condition Monitoring Specialist is established to model and visualize telemetry data and maintenance data. He/she will provide analytical input to reliability engineers and help them to create robust RCA reports and recommendations to improve the performance of equipment based on the insights of data.
The candidate will work closely with Global Productivity Center to create insights and improve algorithms to predict failures with the domain knowledge and insights from by reliability engineers at customer sites. He/she will also participate to various digitalization projects to provide practical inputs in the design phase of service applications.
Additionally, the Condition Monitoring Analyst will:
- Perform remote monitoring of customers fleet in terms of telemetry, maintenance, logistics
data to ensure the optimal performance of the fleet
- Provide engineering, human-reliability factors, process and systemic solutions to complex
reliability & asset availability challenges
- Offer valuable input to technical leadership at all levels of the mines with special emphasis on
interacting with Operations and Maintenance crews
- Statistically analyze equipment/asset performance to assess functional system reliability,
asset availability, equipment maintainability, process safety & environment
- Translate reliability opportunities into bottom-line cost savings & top-line growth, i.e.
implement reliability improvement programs/processes and high-impact projects to deliver bottom-line cost reductions
- Promote technical, systemic, human/behavioral reliability improvement factors across sites
- Support the continued development and administration of analytical platforms and applications designed to improve reliability centered data reporting, analysis, and decision layer visualization and reports
- You possess a degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Control Systems.
- Proficiency with Machine Telemetry.
- Knowledge of machine operations and performance in a mining environment.
- Working knowledge of reading and interpreting mechanical, hydraulic and electrical schematics.
- Advanced knowledge on the applicability of different data analytics methodologies.
- Proficiency with integrating analyses from legacy data sources and building data quality measures.
- Experience with interpreting results from complex technical analyses and present results in a form that is understood and actionable by operations, product or marketing stakeholders.
- Experience in mining equipment maintenance and applications, strong electrical skills.
- Proficient in understanding of data visualization tools
- Basic understanding of data science tools
- Tech savvy with attention to detail and able to dig through detailed data
- Sort through alarm codes and prioritizing issues
- Ability to provide resolution and recommendations to issues
- Working knowledge of Mining Operations and Processes (desired)
- Excellent Customer Service Skills required
- Advanced MS Office skills
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package, including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.home.sandvik/career to the Condition Monitoring Analyst position, JO #R0031649
This position will report to the Customer Excellence Manager.
This position will be based in Elko, NV.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set