Field Service Engineer
Sandvik Rock Processing Solutions, Division Mobile Crushing & Screening is recruiting for a:
Service Engineer- 2 year fixed term contract
Sandvik is a high-tech, global engineering group offering advanced products and services that enhance customer productivity, profitability and safety. We have world - leading positions in selected areas - tools for metal cutting, equipment and tools for the mining and construction industries, stainless materials, special alloys, metallic and ceramic resistance materials as well as process systems. The Group has about 37,000 employees and representation in approximately 160 countries. This position will work with Division Mobile Crushing and Screening, part of business area Sandvik Rock Processing Solutions.
Sandvik Rock Processing Solutions is an industrial frontrunner in crushing and screening equipment for mining and construction applications. We create productivity driven by technology and our solutions are engineered to deliver the highest performance and automation level in mines, quarries and civil engineering projects.
At Sandvik, we offer you a world of opportunities. Our diverse businesses and global network enable you to explore your potential and thrive. While discussing the best solution for you today, we are already thinking ahead to the best solution for you tomorrow. Our proactive career planning ensures that your performance is recognised and offers various ways to fuel your growth towards exceptional achievements.
About the Role
Working closely with the service manager the service engineer is responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction by installing, repairing, inspecting and commissioning servicing, considering economical and other aspects.
Living our core values and being a role model of a Sandvik employee, you will support the Sandvik culture, develop your knowledge and skills and consistently promote an ethos of continuous improvement throughout your area of the organization.
You will problem solve by using approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, operational & process problems. The successful applicant will have the ability to apply this knowledge appropriately in different kinds of situations. You will have Knowledge of the tasks, tools and procedures associated with providing technical support to the sales team and prospective customers.
The Service Engineer will;
- Report and accurately document actions and results.
- Responsible for planning, conducting and maintaining tools and equipment for service work.
- Support the customer’s product/equipment/processes by suggesting possible improvement.
- Provide technical support to the sales team.
- Provide problem solving to customer.
- Ability to produce positive results in sales-client interventions.
- Guide colleagues in service methods and tools.
- Share own knowledge to enable colleagues to expand their knowledge.
This position is flexible to location, to be based in the UK (Eligibility to Work in the UK required). Travel to sites will be required for this position.
- 3-5 years experience in a business similar role ideally within the construction or mining industry.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Packages
- Experienced performer with good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Relevant Technical qualifications or experience
- Fluency in English
In return for your passion and drive we will offer you
- The opportunity to be make an impact on our Divisions performance.
- The opportunity to be part of an ambitious team, in an industry leading business.
- The opportunity to coach and develop others.
- Access to a global Learning & Development Network
- Excellent rewards package, with flexible working opportunities.
Where others see many, we see you – personally. Sandvik is an equal opportunity employer, we recognize and value your passion and personality. How to apply? Interested by this challenge? Please apply directly via sandvikcareers.com using code R0031309 or for further information regarding the recruitment process contact HR Department on 028 85567799.
Closing date Sunday 3rd October 2021
Deadline: Oct 2