Field Sales Engineer - Southern California
Walter USA in Southern California, is looking for a:
Field Sales Engineer
Walter USA, LLC has an opening for a professional “field sales engineer” with a successful track record in industrial cutting tool sales, territory management and new business development. This candidate will be required to optimize and mine sales through industrial distributor channel partners and target direct customers for new business opportunities in a diverse, fast-growing marketplace.
The role requires both channel partner and direct end user sales support and business development efforts that include short and long sales cycles. This mix is accomplished through mining and optimizing sales through distribution, while developing new business opportunities with end users. And, (10%) focused on diverse admin-related efforts (e.g., territory management, reporting, professional training and development, etc.).
Key Performance Areas
The role is centralized around Southern California and requires a self-motivated, results-oriented sales professional with a strong technical aptitude and communication skills along with a passion to succeed. The Field Sales Engineer will develop new sales opportunities and optimize existing accounts to increase product market share and new product introduction. Interest and experience in territory management, new business development, and customer retention are primary factors of success.
- 55% –Channel Partner - Distributor Account Management & Development – Manage, develop, and grow sales by supporting existing channel / distributor accounts through joint sales calls, product training, customer support / analysis, and product recommendations.
- 45% –End User –New Business Development & Customer Account Management –Promote, apply and sell Walter USA cutting tool products and solutions to end user customers. Manage, develop and support end user customer accounts through product testing, product application and consultation. Requires proven skills in qualifying, demonstrating and influencing decision makers to accurately target and assess new business opportunities.
Additionally, the Field Sales Engineer will:
- Explore and increase sales revenue and market share for selected Walter USA products in their assigned territory.
- Evaluate current and prospective distributors in their sales territory.
- Maintain regular contact with assigned authorized distribution to promote and encourage the sale of Walter USA products.
- Drive to achieve customer satisfaction.
This is a field based position, location somewhat flexible within the assigned territory.
Location: Southern California
Top performers will possess a minimum of 5-7 years of proven sales experience working independently from a home office / virtual environment in a territory management, consultative-based sales role with experience in a manufacturing or distributor-focused sales environment. In addition, you will possess 8-10 years of manufacturing experience.
Expertise in new business development, qualifying, developing and securing new customer accounts through distribution and/or direct end-user channels. A strong mechanical aptitude and prior experience in the manufacturing/industrial segment or industry-related experience in cutting tools, metal cutting or CNC machining application is a requirement. A valid driver’s license is required.
Walter USA, LLC. offers a highly competitive performance-based compensation program and generous benefit package that includes life, health, and dental insurance, paid vacation and holidays, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please visit www.walter-tools.com apply to the Field Sales Engineer-Southern California position, Job Req. ID# R0030663.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set