Service Technician - Leading Hand
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions
Service Technician – Leading hand – Orange.
At Sandvik we are committed to teamwork and believe in the power of developing ideas and solutions together. We leverage our shared passion, diversity, open-mindedness, and cooperative spirit to shape the future of our industry and, with it, the path of your career.
Sandvik is seeking applications from a motivated Service Technician - Leading Hand for our team in Orange, NSW. This role is responsible for ensuring efficient maintenance and repair of our client’s Sandvik Mining equipment both in the workshop and local sites. This will be an 8 on 6 off roster allowing a 1-day handover period.
This role is a full-time requirement, however Sandvik recognizes the desire for flexible working options. Flexible employment arrangements include condensed working weeks, working from home, flexible start/finish times, etc.
Areas of responsibility
- Australian recognized Mechanical Trade Certification
- Leading, developing & mentoring a team, while Implementing process improvements to increase workshop productivity and performance
- Forward plan and adjust to customers problems & support with addressing daily issues
- Conduct pre-shift meetings
- Plan, organize and distribute work within the workshop.
- Liaise with third parties and customers as necessary to ensure work flows smoothly.
- Maintain a safe work environment and encourage a strong safety culture.
- Strive for Continuous improvement to the organization and efficiency of the workshop while ensuring quality is not diminished while achieving timeframes.
- Provide technical guidance and training to the workgroup as necessary.
- Ensure that all parts are returned to allow for job completion.
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job, a valid driver’s licenses and the ability to pass drug & alcohol test, reference checks and police checks.
Agencies need not apply.
What we offer
- Options for additional superannuation contribution (2.5% above the superannuation guarantee)
- An Employee Benefits Program including salary sacrifice options, a company-wide bonus scheme, and Length of Service Recognition program
- Company funded paid parental leave which includes superannuation contributions during the leave period
- Training opportunities for employees – from internal programs to contributions towards external studies
- A Sandvik Wellness Program for employees’ who want to improve their health and wellbeing
Our Company and Culture
We conduct business in a sustainable and responsible manner. To achieve this, we always act in line with our high ethical standards, putting safety first and always showing consideration for the environment and the communities in which we operate. The safety and well-being of our employees and the environment are our core values. Finally, we care about others and build relationships based on honesty, respect and trust.
At Sandvik, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Sandvik is proud to be a Work180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and benefits here.
0448 044 698
Applications close: 22-08-221 or sooner if the right applicant is found
Sandvik is a high-tech and global engineering group offering products and services that enhance customer productivity, profitability and sustainability. We hold world-leading positions in selected areas – tools and tooling systems for metal cutting; equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining industry and rock excavation within the construction industry; products in advanced stainless steels and special alloys as well as products for industrial heating. In 2019, the Group had approximately 40,000 employees and revenues of about 100 billion SEK in more than 160 countries within continuing operations.
Deadline: Aug 21