Application Specialist - North Carolina
Sandvik Coromant in North Carolina is looking for an Applications Specialist.
If you are customer-focused and have a passion for excellence, with a background in the tooling & machining industry, Sandvik Coromant wants to speak with you about this exciting Applications Specialist opportunity!
Key performance areas
In this dynamic role, you will work as a technical expert supporting our Sales team in a total solution package offered to customers that fulfills technical solution delivery and meets customer’s requirements.
***This position requires up to 20% travel - must be flexible all over North Carolina state***
Main duties and responsibilities:
Fulfilling and delivering expertise in relevant technical products and application solutions to Customers and collaboratively supporting Account Managers to maximize and extend business opportunities. You will be responsible for ensuring Sandvik Coromant products are correctly implemented and deployed, competitor conversions are minimized, and help customers recognize the value of utilizing Sandvik Coromant tools and technology. Support Account Managers in technical presentations and customer interactions to ensure suitable business opportunities and solutions are identified and secured for Sandvik Coromant.
Additionally, the Specialist will:
- Fulfill total delivery of technical solutions and sales support to end-customers and distributors, in close cooperation with Account Managers to grow share of wallet, maintain, strengthen and develop customers
- Coordinate and organize interaction between technical and commercial departments as well as relevant distributor services for projects
- Support Account Manager in new product and service introduction to customers
- Recommends products and services that fit well with clients’ business needs
- Responds to complex technical questions regarding products, systems or services
- Develops and delivers training to educate internal employees, external partners and customers on product features
- Troubleshoots, investigates, and resolves technical problems that arise during or after implementations
- Develops test applications used for testing modules, including customer-specific components.
Your way of working
- You can build effective working relationships with end customers and distributors to secure agreed priorities implementation
- Supports Sales activities including analysis of customer’s technical needs; suggests and implements solutions
- Ambassador for driving new ways of working and future technology within field of expertise to ensure customers’ needs are fulfilled and profitable business is gained
- Accountable to ensure successful opportunities are identified by Account Managers or others are qualified and as appropriate products are technically applied in a first-class manner to maximize Sandvik Coromant’s market share and profitable business
- Documents applied products and services performance and savings, whether successful or unsuccessful to ensure Sandvik Coromant can develop and deliver the most competitive products on the market.
- Leads the customer projects from start to finish together with Account Manager
- Ensures post-sales activities include resolving implementation problems and conduct relevant trainings
- Liaises with hardware, software, and systems design engineers to ensure products and services are modified, configured, and installed per customer needs
- Works to ensure technical alignment between all internal and external stakeholders and customers
- Monitor competitors’ landscape and alternative solutions that can jeopardize Sandvik Coromant’s business
Business Development - Support
Develops business plans in collaboration with Account Managers as appropriate, to ensure market share increases/key product focus within the sales department are achieved in line with financial targets and KPI’s. Work with Account Manager to proactively deliver Customer needs analysis.
Degree or equivalent qualification in mechanical/manufacturing engineering or a related field. Solid and proven technical experience with engineering cutting tools skills and knowledge. Proven track record in delivering good business results. Strong knowledge of commercial and technical terms and conditions. Relevant experience from CAD/CAM. Relevant application knowledge. Project management knowledge and experience managing external and internal customer relationships is an advantage. People management experience is an advantage. Must possess a current driver’s license valid for his/her state of primary residence.
- Broad technical knowledge in metal cutting tools and strong competence in area of expertise
- Structured and organized business orientated approach to support a diverse and geographically spread team
- Ability to manage customer requests and business issues effectively, capable of leveraging all resources
- Ability to listen to customers and sales project teams to understand underlying needs and ensure suitable technical solutions are delivered to secure profitable business for Sandvik Coromant
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant software programs, e.g. CAD/CAM
- Knowledge in digital technologies in metalworking (industry 4.0)
- Ability to use Vericut to maximize the value of Sandvik Coromant cutting tools
- Add value in aerospace components by optimizing tools in aerospace component feature machining in HRSA materials
- Develop 3D models of special tooling concepts
- Navigate CNC machine control fundamentals
- Ability to build, define, edit or create a post to supply NC code per machine control requirements is a plus
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.sandvik.com/careers to the Applications Specialist position, Job #R0030620
Sandvik Coromant is a part of global industrial engineering group Sandvik and is at the forefront of developing manufacturing tools and machining solutions, with knowledge that drives the industry standards and innovations demanded by the metalworking industry now and in the next industrial era. Collaborations with educational institutions, extensive investment in research and development and strong partnerships with customers support the development of advanced machining technologies and systems that will change, lead and drive the future of manufacturing. Sandvik Coromant owns over 3100 patents worldwide, employs over 8,000 staff, and is represented in 130 countries.
Sandvik Coromant s an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Aug 19