Field Service Technician - Surface Drilling
Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions is looking for a
Field Service Technician - Virginia, MN Area
If you have a strong mechanical or electrical background and strong diagnostic skills, Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions has this first-rate Field Service Technician opportunity!
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a global leading supplier in equipment and tools, parts, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. Applications include rock drilling, rock cutting, loading and hauling, tunneling and quarrying.
Key performance areas
The Field Service Technician, will troubleshoot, repair, and maintain mechanical and/or electrical aspects of surface mining equipment and components at high profile mining sites. The Field Service Technician is also responsible for new equipment commissioning and training at customer sites with minimal supervision. This role will cover the Virginia, MN area but will also travel to work locations all across the USA!
Additionally, the Field Service Technician will:
- Inspect equipment for proper performance and determines faults and malfunctions
- Adjust equipment and repair/replace defective parts components or systems according to scopes of work
- Tests repaired equipment to ensure proper operational performance
- Complete accurate time records, technical reports, failure reports, and parts lists
- Actively participate in continuous improvement initiatives
- Stay current with industry, customer, product developments and technical best practices
- Build and maintain strong relationships and professional demeanor with internal and external customers to ensure smooth operations and high customer satisfaction within primary area of responsibility and across the Sandvik network.
- Stay current and in compliance with all Sandvik, Customer, State, and Federal regulatory safety policies.
- The successful candidate will possess a technical certification or diploma in mechanical or electrical fields and a 3-5 years of industry related experience
- Diesel and high voltage electrical experience would be advantageous
- Maintain a valid driver’s license in good standing
- Strong mechanical aptitude and work ethic
- Previous work experience should demonstrate the candidate is a team player with excellent communication and active listening skills
- The ability to maintain strong customer relations with internal and external customers is preferred
- Flexible and self-motivated, with a drive to achieve high-level customer satisfaction.
Travel across the US will be required.
The Field Service Technician will also possess:
- Excellent troubleshooting ability with strong diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics and electrical systems
- Ability to read blueprints and interpret equipment schematics
- Computer literacy
- Ability to facilitate technical training and impart detailed information
- Must confirm to ISO Standards
Sandvik is proud to offer a great catalogue of benefits and employee perks such as:
- Benefits eligibility that begin 30 days after start date
- Health care eligibility that includes, medical, dental, vision, prescription and telemedicine
- Paid vacation with up to 40 hours available to roll over in to the next year
- Tool reimbursement
- An extremely strong 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company discount programs (vehicle purchase, auto/home insurance, entertainment, and more!)
In addition to these great benefits, Sandvik provides all Field Service Technicians with a company laptop and cell phone, Sandvik uniforms and company issued service truck (depending on location).
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please apply https://www.home.sandvik/en/careers/ for the Field Service Technician position, Job Req. ID# R0030526
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set