Product Sales & Support Representative - Ground Support
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions
Product Sales & Support Representative – Ground Support – Mount ISA
Our Company and Culture
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a global leading supplier of equipment and tools, parts, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. In 2020, the Sandvik Group had approximately 37,000 employees in more than 160 countries.
We conduct business in a sustainable and responsible manner. To achieve this, we always act in line with our high ethical standards, putting safety first and always showing consideration for the environment and the communities in which we operate. The safety and well-being of our employees and the environment are our core values. Finally, we care about others and build relationships based on honesty, respect and trust.
At Sandvik, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Sandvik is seeking a Product Sales and Support Representative to service our customers business by actively promoting, selling & servicing Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions aftermarket Ground Support products (MD & MDX Bolts) with a view to expanding sales and supporting the customer in their operations.
As this role will require travel to various customer mine sites, you will need to be able to work autonomously. We give you the freedom and flexibility to meet our customer’s expectations in line with our business goal.
Areas of responsibility
- All Sandvik employees are required to conduct themselves in accordance with our EHS Vision to achieve Zero Harm to; our people, the environment we work in, our customers and our suppliers.
- Develop and maintain customer relationships that ensure customers remain loyal to SMRS brands.
- Identify Ground Support sales opportunities within the allocated account customer base, taking responsibility for the aftermarket development.
- Develop, implement, and manage MD/MDX Bolt sales plans for your designated accounts including rebuilds and other Sandvik offerings.
- Liaise between customers and SMRS to ensure all warranty claims are settled in a timely fashion and are fast tracked as much as possible.
- Liaise between customers and SMRS to ensure all Safety Bulletins and alerts are documented and completed.
- Manage and track all account information, including quotations through the CRM system.
- Provide feedback to Account Managers on WIN Plans and actions that may grow our business and provide closer customer support.
- Develop budgets by Customer Account & product in conjunction with the Customer Account Managers.
- Provide the Area Sales Manager with regular status reports on business activity.
We are looking for someone who has a mechanical aptitude or previous experience in a mechanical, drilling or similar rock bolt related role. Proven sales experience or a keen willingness to learn sales techniques under the Sandvik Value Selling Training Program is essential. Knowledge of and experience with any Underground Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions product range would be beneficial.
We recognise and value your genuine and likeable nature as you will be faced with our customers on a day to day basis. Having a strong customer service focus is key to this role. You also need to have the ability to be flexible with your work hours as your workday will be different from one day to the next.
You must have the right to live and work in these locations to apply for this job and a federal police check is require if successful.
Agencies need not apply.
What we offer
- A rewarding career with diverse opportunities
- Flexibility to work from home
- An Employee Benefits Program including salary sacrifice options
- 12% Superannuation on top of all earnings
- Company Performance Bonus scheme
- Length of Service Recognition program
- Company funded paid parental leave
- Training and development opportunities
Sandvik is proud to be a Work180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and benefits on the Work180 website.
0448 044 698
Applications close: 02-08-2021 or sooner if the right applicant is found
Deadline: Aug 1