Sales Director - Inrock
Regional Sales Director – Australia
INROCK, one of the largest HDD (Horizontal Directional Drilling) tooling providers in the world is looking to fill an open position within its global sales force. With a product and service portfolio that spans all phases of a project, we are well-positioned to meet the ever-evolving needs of the HDD industry.
Leading INROCK’s effort to establish an HDD tooling and tool service operation in the Australian and New Zealand markets. The primary function will be to generate new business and increase revenues through sales of INROCK products and services.
The Sales Director establishes sales objectives, manages the field and in-house sales functions, establishes goals, and monitors performance. They analyze the numbers, determining growth potential and keeps an eye on market and industry trends. They are leading the strategy and initiates the plan to secure new business.
This role is for a dynamic, passionate and forward-focused sales professional who wants to break the mould in their industry!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a sales strategy to ensure direct customer contact within targeted clients
- Develop and maintain contact with key decision-makers within customer base
- Review project information and customer equipment configuration to recommend optimum tooling solutions.
- Maintain knowledge of current and new products through interaction with engineering, guidance service and operations personnel.
- Prepare sales or service presentations or contracts for products or services.
- Enter quotes and sales order information into INROCK’s systems
- Provide technical information and training to clients as required.
- Prepare sales reporting and/or call reports as required.
- Coordinate with Operations Manager regarding inventory and tooling needs
- Manage the service and repair of INROCK drilling tools used by customers in the region
- Monitor and report HDD drilling activity in the region
- Review and analyze sales performance against programs, quotas, and plans to determine effectiveness
- Manages budgets and expenses
- Establishes short- and long-term sales strategies collaboratively with our broader team
- Reviews market analyses to determine volume potential, price schedules, and discount rates, and develops sales campaigns
- Recommends product offerings to suit profitability and need
- Communicates new product modifications meeting market demands
- Acting as an INROCK representative at Trade Association meetings to promote our product.
- Located in Eastern Australia but location is flexible, Brisbane & Newcastle preferred
- University or technical school degree preferred with minimum of five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience calling on HDD contractors preferred.
- Familiarity with some or all of INROCK’s products (drill bits, reamers/hole openers, mud motors, air hammers, guidance services, rig monitoring systems).
- Knowledge of common HDD rigs (Vermeer, Ditch Witch, American Augurs, Herrenknecht, Tracto-Technik, Universal, etc.) preferred
- Proficient oral and written communication skills.
- Able to travel regularly locally and interstate
- Competitive salary and bonus commensurate with experience
- Company vehicle provided
- Sales expense account
- Competitive benefits package
07 3621 1823
Deadline: Not set