Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions is seeking an
Location: Western, Canada/Yukon (Flexible - proximity to a main airport)
For over 150 years the name Sandvik has been synonymous with quality and customer focus. Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions (SMR) is a leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining industry. Our offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
Currently we have an opening for an Account Manager for our Western Canada and Yukon territory.
The Account Manager is responsible for the promotion, sales and support of Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions (SMR) product line offered to obtain maximum revenue, profitability and market share in an assigned territory. A key aspect of the responsibility is building long-term customer relationships through a detailed understanding of the customer’s business.
Business Growth and Development
- Develops sales opportunities for Sandvik Mining product lines within the defined territory and/or assigned customer accounts.
- Assesses customers’ total potential with SMR products. Performs opportunity analysis by customer and site.
- Acts as key contact for account and liaises with appropriate personnel to communicate
- Provides input to product factories to address product offering.
- Develops a sales and service plan for designated territory/assigned customers.
- May be enlisted to participate in a larger account / sales team.
- Maintains accurate customer records as prescribed by the Company.
- Assists as required in any physical inventory counts (especially any consignment stocks).
- Responsible for achievement of budgeted revenue and GP.
- Responsible to work with assigned customers to maintain (days sales outstanding – invoicing) within company target.
- Ensures customers are in compliance with SMR terms and conditions of sale.
- Ensures that all activities are carried out in accordance with Company Values and current Company Policies and Procedures.
- Takes responsibility for personal development and enhancement of skills.
- Proactively ensures community involvement within the area of responsibility
Environmental Health and Safety
- Complies with SMR safety policies and applicable government, customer or industry regulations or requirements.
- Identifies and reports any unsafe work habits.
- Strives to find safer ways for customers to work with Sandvik’s products.
- Ensures team reports are working in a safe manner and following Company Policies and Guidelines
- Degree (or two-year college diploma) in Business or Marketing or Technical Diploma within Engineering, etc. or equivalent demonstrated technical knowledge/expertise.
- Ten years proven sales experience within mining industry
- Ability to work as part of an integrated, broad team
- Flexible, self-motivated with demonstrated initiative
- Ability to develop knowledge of customer business processes
- Excellent customer relations and active listening skills
- Highly developed time management and organizational skills
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
- Ability to conceptualize customer application processes in order to advise on equipment needs
- Computer Literacy using computerized inventory and sales systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Valid driver’s license with a safe driving record
- Willingness and ability to travel greater than 50 % of the time
- Valid Passport
Sandvik offers an excellent comprehensive compensation package including a pension plan with matching, competitive health, dental, life and disability benefits as well as ongoing development and training.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates can apply at www.sandvik.com/careers to job opening # R0027545. We thank all applicants for their response; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Sandvik is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every worker has the opportunity to reach their full potential
Deadline: 20 May