Newtrax Technologies Inc, part of Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions is looking for a
Newtrax Technologies Inc. designs and develops battery powered wireless networking solutions. The company’s products include central services, machinery modems and sensors and data loggers for the underground mining industries.
In this position, you will be responsible for delivering, coordinating, managing and supporting technical services deployments of Newtrax solutions. This role takes ownership and responsibility for project execution and client success on project tasks throughout the assigned region. This role’s primarily focus is in the deployment, ongoing services and support of hardware and configuration.
KEY RESPONSIBILITES INCLUDE:
- Perform 1st and 2nd -line problem analysis of client system onsite or using remote tools with a high degree of customer satisfaction.
- Perform hardware installations, system configurations independently; adapt deployment in the field, review installations performed by junior members of the team
- Conduct BOM verification ahead of shipping solutions
- Provide training to installers and users.
- Conduct site audits to review hardware and sensors as deployed, repair system on the fly, recommend and execute plans to improve system performance
- Assist junior members of the team with routine problem solving
- Generate Product and Project Installation and Commissioning Documentation
- Relay market intelligence to Newtrax R&D and Product Management teams and maintain an up-to-date understanding of technology development and roadmap.
- Be an ambassador for Newtrax culture by ensuring the workplace maintains a positive, high performance attitude.
- Follow the Safety-First policy and ensure safety training certificates are kept current
Education / Experience
·College Degree in electrical, electromechanical, or automation engineering technology.
·5-7 years in onsite/field services client support roles related to electrical / automation projects. Mining or similar Industry
- Positioning systems
- Collision Avoidance Systems
- Environmental monitoring systems
- Electrical Standards
- Hydraulic Standards
- Digital radio principles
- Communication and Network Systems
- Wireless technologies (WiFi, LTE, UHF, VHF,BLE, RFID)
- Vehicle electrical and hydraulic systems. CANBus
- IoT Sensors, protocols
- Test tools
- Valid Driver’s License
- Outstanding communication skills
- Presentation skills, ability to capture the audience and communicate effectively
- Organizational skills to help manage project workloads
- Problem Solving
- Business acumen
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of life, health, dental, and disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at http://www.sandvik.com/careers/ for the Technology Specialist position Req. ID # R0027536
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set