Business Line Manager - Underground Drilling
- Deadline: Not set
- Country: United States of America
- Location: Elko, Nevada
- Job-ID: R0027431
- Job category: Sales and Product Service
Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions is looking for a
Business Line Manager – Underground Drilling
Location: Western US
Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining industry. The offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
Key performance areas:
The Business Line Manager – Underground Drilling primary objectives are customer satisfaction, market share, and profitability. The role is customer focused and concentrates on the development and implementation of sales strategies for Underground Drilling equipment within the Sales Area.
Responsibility includes overall results of the respective Business Line, within the Sales Area, and is accountable for the success and the long-term viability of the business.
This role is the very face of the Underground Drilling business, and to be successful you are expected to have high level communications with the Division.
Responsibility also includes leadership, development and management of the Business Line team, with a strong focus on ensuring the team also works collaboratively with the Account Management teams, and other business lines, to maximize the business potential sales opportunities.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Business Growth and Development
- Drive sales (may include handling all aspects of bidding, project studies, customer requests, providing leads, assisting on or making sales calls, making presentations, providing training, providing competitive intelligence, etc…) directly to Customers and internally to our Account Managers and Sales Representatives and to our dealers.
- Responsible for Business Line - Underground Drills P&L and NWC within the Sales Area, achieving profitability targets, and aligning with the global Divisions financial targets.
- Identify and develop sales plans and objectives for the Business Line – Underground Drills customer base, inclusive of accurate forecasting.
- Develop and enhance the overall relationship with key customers, leading to constructive and profitable business partnerships. This will require involvement in the compilation of tenders and long-term contracts, as well as working with Service team to ensure customer ‘technical’ issues are resolved.
- Growing revenue and profitability through direct personal customer management to key corporate accounts in the Sales Area. Ensures expert technical support is provided at a high level to guarantee our customers extract maximum value from our products.
- Creates business development plans and targets for the product range in collaboration with the Product Line Manager and the regional Customer Segment Manager. This will include the introduction of new products into the market.
- Manages introduction of new products into the Sales Area, such as i-Series and Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV) underground drilling rigs, and works to ensure customer satisfaction and value realization.
- Works closely with the Rock Drills and Technologies Division to identify and leverage opportunities for mine automation and digitalization to improve safety and efficiency at our customers’ mine sites
- Works closely with the Parts and Services Division to promote the uptake of My Sandvik in our customer base, and leverage the insights it can provide in underground drilling applications.
- Working cooperatively and in collaboration with Account Management team to identify and pursue customer sales opportunities. Leveraging bundled deals as a tool to gain market share, where applicable.
- Create customer value propositions for the local market to proactively create opportunities for Sandvik.
- Manage AR/cash collection per contract terms.
- Coordinates data from the market for analysis, research and design engineering for the successful development of new product offerings.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering or Business discipline preferred, but not an absolute requirement
- Ten years industry-related experience
- Strong customer service focus
- Understanding of underground mining, equipment and technology preferred.
- Competencies in Automation, Electrification and Digitalization as they apply to underground mining processes, are considered an asset.
- Ability to create a long-term business development plan
- High level of computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office tools
- High level of professionalism, honesty and integrity
- Ability to see the big picture, yet focus on the detail
- Working knowledge of relevant applications would be highly desirable
- Ability to assess and manage business risk
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent listening skills
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please visit www.sandvik.com/careers to apply to the Business Line Manager – Underground Drilling position, Job Opening # R0027431.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set