Surface Field Service Technician
- Deadline: 20 May
- Country: Canada
- Location: Miramichi, New Brunswick
- Job-ID: R0027424
- Job category: Sales and Product Service
Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions is seeking a
Technical Specialist – Surface Drills
Location: Miramichi, NB
For over 150 years the name Sandvik has been synonymous with quality and customer focus. Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining industry. Our offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
Currently, we are seeking a Technical Specialist - Surface Drills to join our team.
The Technical Specialist is responsible for developing technical competencies and providing quality technical support for both internal personnel and Sandvik customers.
- Provides technical training to the service network on proper operation, maintenance and troubleshooting practices.
- Provides technical support to end users, operators, and service personnel in cases of complex technical issues.
- Provides relevant feedback to factories to enable improvements to the equipment or its operation.
- Provides assistance in compiling accurate data to process warranty claims and engineering machine improvements.
- Reviews spare parts recommendations and develops accuracy of Machine Life Operating Costs (MLOC).
- Investigates warranty claims both proactively and reactively to enhance customer satisfaction and provide feedback to the respective factories.
- Assists factories with field-testing and trials of new products and updated components to ensure proper and safe operation.
- Performs equipment demonstrations in a safe manner.
- Assists in the training of distributors.
Required Skills and Education:
- A 2-year Technical Degree in a mechanical discipline.
- 7 years of Technical experience.
- Training in key aspects of technical and operator trades.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to train and transfer knowledge to others.
- Flexible, self-motivated and driven to achieve customer satisfaction, goals and targets.
- Strong investigation and diagnostic skills.
- Computer literacy.
- Knowledge of customer’s industry.
- Superior customer relations and active listening skills.
- Ability to travel is essential.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive compensation package which includes a retirement savings plan with matching, competitive health, dental, life and disability benefits. In addition, Sandvik offers ongoing training and development.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates can apply online at www.sandvik.com/careers to the Technical Specialist – Surface Drills, Job Opening #R0027424.
We thank all applicants for their response, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Sandvik is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every worker has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Sandvik welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Deadline: 20 May