Regional Sales Specialist - Upper Midwest, US
Sandvik Materials Technology is looking for a
Regional Sales Specialist
Location: Upper Midwest
Engage with key industry stakeholders; licensors, design institutes, associations, engineering companies and end users to support field sales to technically market existing products to existing customers/applications. Identify new customers and application areas for future product solutions. Responsible for developing, scheduling and execution of Technical Marketing programs. Liaise with sales team to prepare, conduct and/or assist in product promotion, presentation and demonstration from a technical perspective. May also provide technical training and guidance to sales. Work with cross-functional teams providing statistical and technical advice. Understand both the business problems and the technical solutions. Provide assistance to other team members.
Sandvik Materials Technology is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a world-leading manufacturer of high value-added products in advanced stainless steels, special alloys, as well as metallic and ceramic resistance materials for the most demanding industries. Its cutting-edge expertise is based on an integrated production platform and world-leading metallurgy and R&D. Operations are divided into three product areas: Tube; Strip, Wire and Heating Technology; and Primary Products.
Primary Areas of Responsibility
- Prospect and develop new customers
- Act as a main point of contact for existing and potential customers within assigned territory
- Negotiate prices and purchase agreements, in general, manage sales related business in assigned territory
- Take complete ownership of the Minnesota East region as related to sales function
- Provide timely application support to customers
- Internally prioritize projects and daily work to best utilize resources available.
- Keep key stakeholders informed by submitting activity and result reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses
- Provide input in developing new products and markets
- Work to identify market trends, forecasts demand and prepares the annual sales budget and market plan
- Maintain active sales funnel with action items and execution plan
- Develop robust relationships with customers via travel and virtual tools
Additional Requirements and Qualifications include:
- Ability to communicate and clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of medias
- Good decision making ability and analytical skills that allows for identification and understanding of issues, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action
- Ability to handle day-to-day work challenges confidently and is willing and able to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity, and rapid change
- Welcomes change and is excited about it; challenges the status quo and champions new initiatives keeping in mind the organization’s objectives
- Know what results are important and focus resources to achieve them. Bottom line driven; maintains focus on the goal despite distractions. Acts with a sense of urgency, can act without a lot of planning, owns the task or project executes with energy, drive and determination.
- Truthful, admits mistakes, consistent, keeps promises and is credible. Reliable, responsible and dependable. Follows procedures and company policies without oversight, self-managed. Accepts responsibility for actions and results, acts with self-discipline.
- Exceeds customer expectations, seeks out voice of the customer, creates value for the customer, understands and anticipates customer needs
Strong technical product application capability is required. Minimum of 5 years’ experience selling a technical products is a requirement. Experience in wire sales or medical wire sales is preferred. Experience with medical device OEM’s is preferred. Experience utilizing CRM and Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point). BS degree is required (preferably in a technical discipline).
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.home.sandvik/careers to the Regional Sales Specialist position, Job Opening # R0026438.
Deadline: Not set