Field Technical Support Specialist
- Deadline: Not set
- Country: United States of America
- Location: Alachua, Florida
- Job-ID: R0022335
- Job category: Sales and Product Service
Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology in Alachua, FL is looking for
Field Technical Support Specialist
Are you a Field Technical support Specialist who wants to develop your career in the field of mining? If you have Field Technical Support experience in the mining industry and a background in heavy equipment, drilling and blasting,
Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology wants to speak with you!
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a leading global supplier of equipment, tools, service, and technical solutions for the mining industry. The product offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
Key performance areas
The Field Technical Support Specialist duties include a combination of diagnostic troubleshooting of technical issues, repairs, modification, installation of new parts and assemblies on Sandvik Rotary Drills. Additionally, Field Technical Support Specialist travel to customer sites globally for new unit introductions, commissioning and to provide operator and maintenance training as required.
Additionally, the Field Technical Support Specialist will be responsible for:
- Ensure personal safety at all times, report all unsafe acts and hazards.
- Commit to a safe working environment and participate in the Sandvik safety management program.
- Provide timely technical service support on xSeries and iSeries Sandvik drills.
- Complete software installations and calibrations.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge on what parameters changes what functionality(s) within the control system.
- Be able to download software from Sandvik’s front line tools and configure for target drill rig.
- Troubleshoot Sandvik Rotary Drill rigs to resolve mechanical field issues as well as control system software installation, calibration, updates and other technology.
- Improve and develop new methods of training media, processes and delivery techniques.
- Support other internal departments with technical knowledge of Sandvik Rotary Drills.
- Will be required to provide into the New Product Development (NPD) process.
- Work to improve the Sandvik’s regions specific product knowledge of the Sandvik Rotary Drills.
- Review and maintain all Field Technical Support related documents.
- Host specialized classroom service training courses on related Surface Drilling equipment at the Alachua location for Customers, Dealers and Sales Area.
- Local and international travel to Sandvik locations and customer sites for unit startup/commissioning/troubleshooting issue rectification and to provide operator and maintenance training.
- Comply with policies, guidelines, regulatory requirements and meet objectives per Sandvik Alachua Integrated Management System.
- Demonstrate respect and commitment to the Integrated Management system (ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018) taking accountability for its effectiveness and continual improvement.
- Ability to read and understand electrical and hydraulic schematics.
- Strong computer skills required. Competent user of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word), e-mail, Intranet and Internet preferred. Experience using Enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems and product databases (Sales Tools).
- Strong skills in understanding and diagnosis/testing of software-based control systems in mobile equipment. Experience with networking protocols, administration, monitoring and support. Knowledge of process control systems to include troubleshooting, repair, and test various process control electronics and machinery. Typical components include power supplies, I/O cards, transmitters, rotary encoders, positioners, and control circuitry for distributed control systems and programmable logic controllers.
- Strong electrical, hydraulic and mechanical background (vocational education in electrical and/or mechanical engineering is preferred).
- Excellent overall troubleshooting skills including but not limited to control systems, mechanical, electric and hydraulic aspects of mining equipment.
- Must have strong customer background.
- Ability to operate Sandvik Surface Drilling equipment in a mining environment. An understanding of drilling technique, operation issues that will be encountered is vital to the competency of the Field Technical Support Specialist.
All Field Technical Support Specialists must have Trade college, mechanical engineering background or a minimum 5 years working in a technical role on drilling or earth moving equipment.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at https://intranet.sandvik.com/employmentcareer/careerandvacancies/job_opportunities/Pages/default.aspx to the Field Technical Support Specialist position, Job Req. ID # R0022335.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set