Field Service Technician
- Deadline: 24 Mar
- Country: New Zealand
- Location: Dunedin NZL, Otago
- Job-ID: R0020225
- Job category: Sales and Product Service
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a global leader in the supply of equipment, tools, services, support and technical solutions for the mining, quarrying and construction industry. We offer a diverse range of opportunities through our businesses and cross-border networks, enabling you to explore your potential and thrive.
Sandvik is seeking applications for a motivated Field Service Technician based in Dunedin, New Zealand. This role with Fire Suppression responsibilities is to provide product support and technical services with the Sandvik Fire Suppression product along with range of Sandvik equipment in the Dunedin / Otago / Southland region with a chance to assist throughout the rest of the South Island. As a Field Service Technician with a focus on Fire Suppression, you will be required to install and maintain fire suppression systems on customers sites and in the field.
Areas of responsibility
- Carrying out general mechanical duties, maintenance, repairs and fault diagnosis work on all Sandvik Mining equipment, while Supporting technicians from other regions.
- Provide accurate and detailed assessments of stripped Sandvik components
- Identify opportunity for business growth; and actively participate in sales activities when required
- Providing feedback for efficient maintenance planning improvements while assisting with machine audits/inspections
- Record keeping of parts usage, equipment monitoring, time records
- Maintain and install Fire Suppression systems
- Adhering to all policies & procedures, especially EHS policies
Relevant trade qualifications and experience with mobile machinery is desirable and installation and service experience of Mobile Fire Suppression systems will be a distinct advantage. Basic computer knowledge and record keeping is a must for this role.
The ideal candidate will have strong customer relation skills and the ability to effectively work within a team and autonomously, with great interpersonal skills and communication. You are flexible to work with customer requirements, procedures and safety policies. Furthermore, you have a positive attitude and a high level of determination to achieve targets set for customer satisfaction.
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job, a valid driver’s licenses and the ability to pass drug & alcohol test, reference checks and police checks.
Agencies need not apply.
What we offer
- The Company will make compulsory contributions to an eligible employee’s KiwiSaver scheme.
- An Employee Benefits Program including and Length of Service Recognition program
- Company funded paid parental leave which includes superannuation contributions during the leave period
- Training and development opportunities for employees such as internal programs or contributions towards external studies
- A Sandvik Wellness Program for employees’ who want to improve their health and wellbeing
Our Company and Culture
We conduct business in a sustainable and responsible manner. To achieve this, we always act in line with our high ethical standards, putting safety first and always showing consideration for the environment and the communities in which we operate. The safety and well-being of our employees and the environment are our core values. Finally, we care about others and build relationships based on honesty, respect and trust.
At Sandvik, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer.
How to apply
Click ‘Apply Now’ button, or access the Sandvik website www.sandvik.com/careers
0448 044 698
Deadline: 24 Mar