Fitter/Fire Suppression - Expression of Interest
- Deadline: 28 Aug
- Country: New Zealand
- Location: Greymouth NZL
- Job-ID: R0019852
- Job category: Sales and Product Service
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a global leader in the supply of equipment, tools, services, support and technical solutions for the mining, quarrying and construction industry. We offer a diverse range of opportunities through our businesses and cross-border networks, enabling you to explore your potential and thrive.
This is an Expressions of Interest for a Field Service Technician with Fire Suppression responsibilities to provide product support and technical services with the Sandvik Fire Suppression product along with range of Sandvik equipment in the Dunedin / Otago / Southland region with a chance to assist throughout the rest of the South Island. As a Field Service Technician with a focus on Fire Suppression, you will be required to install and maintain fire suppression systems on customers sites and in the field.
This role is based in Dunedin and will be provided with a vehicle, laptop and phone.
Areas of responsibility
- Adhere to all policies & procedures especially the EHS policies
- Support technicians from other regions
- Perform fault diagnosis, maintain and service Sandvik equipment;
- Perform fault diagnosis, maintain and install Fire Suppression systems;
- Work effectively either in a team environment or autonomously;
- Be highly developed in your communication and interpersonal skills;
- Be able to identify opportunity for business growth; and actively participate in sales activities
- Assist with machine audits/inspections;
- Internal Sandvik Fire Suppression product accredited certification will be provided
- Valid driver’s license is compulsory
- Ability to pass drug & alcohol test, reference checks and police checks.
Relevant trade qualifications and experience with mobile machinery is desirable. However, installation and service experience of Mobile Fire Suppression systems will be a distinct advantage. Basic computer knowledge and record keeping is a must for this role
The ideal candidate will have strong customer relation skills and the ability to effectively work within a team and autonomously. You are flexible to work with customer requirements, procedures and safety policies. Further, you have a positive attitude and a high level of determination to achieve targets set for customer satisfaction.
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
We appreciate professionalism and if you do not hold the relevant trade qualification please do not apply.
What we offer
- The Company will make compulsory contributions to an eligible employee’s KiwiSaver scheme.
- An Employee Benefits Program including and Length of Service Recognition program
- Company funded paid parental leave which includes superannuation contributions during the leave period
- Training and development opportunities for employees such as internal programs or contributions towards external studies
- A Sandvik Wellness Program for employees’ who want to improve their health and wellbeing
Our Company and Culture
We conduct business in a sustainable and responsible manner. To achieve this, we always act in line with our high ethical standards, putting safety first and always showing consideration for the environment and the communities in which we operate. The safety and well-being of our employees and the environment are our core values. Finally, we care about others and build relationships based on honesty, respect and trust.
At Sandvik, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer.
How to apply
Click ‘Apply Now’ button, or access the Sandvik website www.sandvik.com/careers
Deadline: 28 Aug