- Deadline: Not set
- Country: Canada
- Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Thunder Bay, Ontario
- Job-ID: R0019459
- Job category: Sales and Product Service
Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology is seeking an
Location: Northwestern Ontario/Winnipeg
(based in Thunder Bay or Winnipeg)
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology (SMRT) is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining industry including rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling
Our constantly evolving offering of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for mining and rock excavation covers rock drilling, rock cutting, crushing and screening, loading and hauling, tunneling, quarrying and breaking. No matter the terrain, material or ground hardness – we aim to engineer solutions that make mining and rock excavation safer and more profitable. Bringing your experience and drive into the equation, you help us achieve our goals!
As an Account Manager your mission will be to build long-term customer relationships through a detailed understanding of the customer’s business needs and to promote, sales and support of our product line offered to obtain maximum revenue, profitability and market share in an assigned territory.
Business Growth and Development
- Develops sales opportunities for Sandvik Mining product lines within the defined territory and/or assigned customer accounts.
- Assesses customers’ total potential with SMRT products. Performs opportunity analysis by customer and site.
- Acts as key contact for account and liaises with appropriate personnel to communicate
- Provides input to product factories to address product offering.
- Develops a sales and service plan for designated territory/assigned customers.
- May be enlisted to participate in a larger account / sales team.
- Maintains accurate customer records as prescribed by the Company.
- Responsible for achievement of budgeted revenue and GP.
- Responsible to work with assigned customers to maintain within company targets.
- Ensures customers are in compliance with SMRT terms and conditions of sale.
- Ensures that all activities are carried out in accordance with Company Values and current Company Policies and Procedures.
- Takes responsibility for personal development and enhancement of skills.
- Proactively ensures community involvement within the area of responsibility
- Stays current with industry developments, competitive offerings and issues affecting sales and customers.
- May be required to participate in technical studies, demonstrations or field tests.
Environmental Health and Safety
- Complies with SMRT safety policies and applicable government, customer or industry regulations or requirements.
- Identifies and reports any unsafe work habits.
- Strives to find safer ways for customers to work with Sandvik’s products.
- Ensures team reports are working in a safe manner and following Company Policies and Guidelines
- Associates Degree (or two year college diploma) in Business or Marketing or Technical Diploma within Engineering, etc. or equivalent demonstrated technical knowledge/expertise.
- Minimum 5 years proven sales experience within mining industry
- Ability to work as part of an integrated, broad team
- Flexible, self-motivated with demonstrated initiative
- Ability to develop knowledge of customer business processes
- Excellent customer relations and active listening skills
- Highly developed time management and organizational skills
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
- Ability to conceptualize customer application processes in order to advise on equipment needs
- Computer Literacy using computerized inventory and sales systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Valid driver’s license with a safe driving record
- Valid Passport
Sandvik offers an excellent comprehensive compensation package including a pension plan with matching, competitive health, dental, life and disability benefits as well as ongoing development and training.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates can apply at www.sandvik.com/careers to job opening # R0019459. We thank all applicants for their response; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Sandvik is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every worker has the opportunity to reach their full potential
Sandvik welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Deadline: Not set