- Deadline: 19 Jun
- Country: Australia
- Location: Cobar NSW, New South Wales
- Job-ID: R0018929
- Job category: Sales and Product Service
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a leading supplier of equipment, tools, services, support and technical solutions for the mining and construction industry, and our operations and organizations are spread around the globe. We offer you a world of opportunities and our diverse businesses and cross-border networks enable you to explore your potential and thrive.
Our Company and Culture
We conduct business in a sustainable and responsible manner. To achieve this, we always act in line with our high ethical standards, putting safety first and always showing consideration for the environment and the communities in which we operate. The safety and well-being of our employees and the environment are our core values. Finally, we care about others and build relationships based on honesty, respect and trust.
At Sandvik, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Sandvik is seeking applications from a motivated Service Technician for our field service team in Cobar. This role is responsible for ensuring efficient maintenance and repair of our client’s fleet of Sandvik Mining equipment both in the workshop and on local sites.
Key performance areas
- Carrying out general mechanical duties, maintenance, repairs and fault diagnosis work on all Sandvik Mining equipment.
- Provide accurate and detailed assessments of stripped Sandvik components
- Perform electrical (low voltage) and welding duties as directed
- Perform repair and fault finding using hydraulic and electrical schematics
- Providing feedback for efficient maintenance planning improvements.
- Record keeping of parts usage, equipment monitoring, time records.
- Adhering to all policies & procedures, especially EHS policies
You have a qualification in a mechanical trade plus a minimum 2 years’ post-trade experience. Experience with component overhauling is desired, hydraulic training is advantageous and previous experience with Sandvik equipment will be looked upon favourably. You will have a strong commitment to EHS as you keep safety at the forefront of everything you do. All candidates will be required to pass a Pre-Employment Medical & Drug and Alcohol test. You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
Agencies need not apply.
What we offer
- Options for additional superannuation contribution (2.5% above the superannuation guarantee)
- An Employee Benefits Program including salary sacrifice options, a company-wide bonus scheme, and Length of Service Recognition program
- Company funded paid parental leave which includes superannuation contributions during the leave period
- Training opportunities for employees – from internal programs to contributions towards external studies
- A Sandvik Wellness Program for employees’ who want to improve their health and wellbeing
07 3621 1820
Deadline: 19 Jun