Rock Tools Service Manager
- Deadline: Not set
- Country: Canada
- Location: Lively, Ontario, Chateauguay, Quebec, Mississauga, Ontario, Val-d´Or, Quebec
- Job-ID: R0018744
- Job category: Sales and Product Service
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology Canada is seeking a
Rock Tools Service Manager
Location: Lively, Val D'or, Lively, Chateauguay, Mississauga
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining industry including rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
The Rock Tools Service Manager oversees Rock Tools Service for all of Canada, ensuring standardization, emphasizing the importance of health & safety and ensuring profitability while offering high quality Rock Tools service to our customers.
- Responsible for profit and loss of rock tools service contracts, field service and workshops.
- Ensuring all rock tools service personnel meet an appropriate standard.
- Developing training programs and succession plans for the rock tools service organization.
- Ensuring Field Service Technicians are utilized as per customer needs.
- Managing, motivating and influencing ad hoc teams as driven by business needs.
- Working closely as needed with Regional Managers to implement contracts and continuous improvement practices and provide technical support to the business.
- Keep Account Management team informed of contract status.
- Support Rock Tools Product Champions with field tests.
- Maintain regular communication with product area and provide input to product factories to address product offerings.
- Take responsibility for personal development and enhancement of skills.
- Stay current with industry developments, and issues affecting service and customers.
- Review and/or create and execute processes and procedures for grinding and sharpening, hammer rebuild and tool transport as well as handling alignment with agreed KPIs.
- Optimize procedures to maximize profit.
- Apply 5S methodology and lean strategies across Canadian workshops.
- Manage and plan inventory to secure assets and ensure accurate forecast.
- Prepare, develop and propose strategy and budget proposals for rock tools service area.
- Implement Rock Tools Management System (RTMS), Sandvik rock tools app and any other software introduced by Sandvik.
- Ensure that all workshops and personnel under supervision of this role comply with Sandvik Environmental, Health & Safety Policy and guidelines and applicable government, customer or industry regulations or requirements.
- Minimum 10 years of progressive sales experience within the mining industry in a service-related role.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience managing a team.
- BSc. Engineering (Mining, Industrial or Mechanical).
- Full English proficiency, both verbal and written required.
- French proficiency, verbal and written, would be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of Rock Tools.
- Ability to work as part of an integrated, broad team and to lead decision making processes in a team environment.
- Proven time management and organizational skills.
- Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) applications and other inventory/sales systems (ex: Salesforce).
- Highly motivated, results oriented and self-driven, with a sense of urgency.
- This role requires willingness and ability to travel as required to visit customers and promote Sandvik service.
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving abstract.
- Valid passport.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive compensation package including a retirement savings plan with company match, as well as competitive health, dental, life and disability benefits, plus ongoing development and training.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates can apply at www.sandvik.com/careers to the Rock Tools Service Manager job opening #R0018744. We thank all applicants. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Sandvik is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every worker has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Sandvik welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Deadline: Not set