Regional Commercial Manager
- Deadline: Not set
- Country: Canada
- Location: Mississauga, Ontario
- Job-ID: R0017784
- Job category: Sales and Product Service
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology Canada is seeking a
Regional Commercial Manager (RCM)
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology (SMRT) is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining industry including rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling
Our constantly evolving offering of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for mining and rock excavation covers rock drilling, rock cutting, crushing and screening, loading and hauling, tunneling, quarrying and breaking. No matter the terrain, material or ground hardness – we aim to engineer solutions that make mining and rock excavation safer and more profitable. Bringing your experience and drive into the equation, you help us achieve our goals!
As a Regional Commercial Manager, your mission will be to enhance long term customer relationships for optimum market share, and to engage with new and existing business to minimize commercial risk and maximize overall profitability. You will also develop and maintain a standard quotation / proposal process and design contract templates to ensure consistent customer experience and mitigate both commercial and legal risk.
- Ensure use of standard templates and documents and assist where deviating from standard.
- Responsible for supporting Framework Agreement negotiation and implementation.
- Act as Approver for any commercial deviations within new quotations, working cross- functionally as required to ensure compliance with other parts of the business such as Sandvik Credit and in accordance with policies.
- Act as Approver for all Contract Approval Requests.
- Ensure adherence to the Commercial Management System processes and requirements. Formal management of the business risk assessment of contracts (new and amended) prior to business commitment, for direct sales and sales within the distributor network.
- Assess risks and viability of the long-term profitability, in collaboration with key stakeholders (e.g. Business Line Manager(s) and Business Controller) of proposed deals – query logic, ensure business cases are comprehensive and includes any bundled deals, in accordance with the bundling process, which require unbiased assessment of overall risk/benefits to SMRT.
- Ensure all relevant P&L global stakeholders have been included in the review process for new business - communicate where required.
- Support the Sales Areas to ensure faster approval timelines and smoother submission process.
- Participate as required in customer negotiations within your region.
- Train and embed commercial management tools, systems, and processes as part of any global sales excellence initiatives.
- Lead regional training on commercial excellence – benchmark practices, applicable policies, Sandvik ways of working.
- Actively close out applicable actions as a result of the audits, as well as prepare gap assessments and recommended gap closures.
- Investigate and log any process deviations within the region – recommend next steps to drive accountability and continuous improvement.
- 10+ years of experience working with contractual documents and managing
commercial issues and/or supply chain management within the mining industry.
- 5+ years of Mining industry experience.
- Extensive experience in contract development (5+ years) and a deep understanding of
legal terms and conditions, and moderate to strong comprehension of financial reporting and business case assessment.
- Demonstrated ability in assessing commercial risk as part of undertaking new business,
leading negotiation strategy development and participating in negotiations.
- Experience in development and execution of process audits, and in the development of
- Familiarity with contracting tools in the digital sphere;
- Additionally, must have excellent interpersonal skills, are able to build trust and
establish respectful working relationships with difficult stakeholders at all levels, by
clearly communicating verbally and in writing, appropriately debating difficult issues and
by being a quick thinker.
- Team development skills, strong computer skills including advanced experience with
- Excel and PowerPoint, and superior presentation skills (both physical and electronic).
- Willing and able to lead across differing geographies and cultures.
- Able to manage time effectively, prioritize without micro-management, and be fluent in
English at minimum. Fluency in French a strong asset.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 50% of the time
Sandvik offers an excellent comprehensive compensation package including a pension plan with matching, competitive health, dental, life and disability benefits as well as ongoing development and training.
How to Apply
Qualified individuals can apply online at www.sandvik.com/careers to Job Opening R0017784
We thank all applicants for their response, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Sandvik is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every worker has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Sandvik welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Deadline: Not set