Technical Sales & Service Representative
- Deadline: 4 Apr
- Country: South Africa
- Location: Northen Cape
- Job-ID: R0014418
- Job category: Sales and Product Service
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a global leader in the supply of equipment, tools, services, support and technical solutions for the mining and construction industry. We offer a diverse range of opportunities through our businesses and cross-border networks, enabling you to explore your potential and thrive.
To apply and use knowledge of sales process and tools to support front line sales representatives in promoting and selling the organization's products and services within assigned geographic area, product range or list of customer accounts to achieve significant sales targets.
- Identifies prospects and assists with the preparation of sales presentations.
- Develops sales skills and knowledge of the products, services, and customers by working closely with a more experienced sales representative to promote products, close orders and resolve problems.
- Maintains and updates the core database with details of customer activities.
- Develops understanding of machining practices and processes utilizing modern tooling systems and how ’s product portfolio meets the market needs.
- Establishes annual, quarterly, monthly, or weekly sales plans and prioritize and schedule own activities so these targets are met.
- Supports field sales reps with product testing and related tasks in order to ultimately support additional sales and market share gains.
- Gathers and compiles data, tool testing comparisons, competitive information, and cost comparisons.
- Grade 12/Equivalent qualification
- Relevant post Matric qualification will be advantageous
- At least 5 years’ experience in Sales and Marketing
- Experience in mining environment with specific exposure to rock tools
- At least 2 years’ experience in various mining applications
- Experience in trackless machinery will be an added advantage
- English proficiency
- Computer literacy
- A valid drivers’ license
We offer you an interesting role in an international business environment as well as opportunities for your professional development. At Sandvik, we believe that diversity of experience, perspective and background will lead to a better environment for our employees, our business and, thereby, our customers.
How to apply
Please apply online through the Sandvik website www.home.sandvik/en/careers
Applications close: 06 April 2020
Please note that the appointment will be made in line with the company’s Employment Equity Plan and set targets
Should you not hear from the company within 21 days after closing date for application, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Deadline: 4 Apr