- Deadline: Not set
- Country: United States of America
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Job-ID: R0014010
- Job category: Sales and Product Service
Sandvik Materials Technology in Houston, TX is looking for a
Sandvik Materials Technology is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a world-leading manufacturer of high value-added products in advanced stainless steels, special alloys, as well as metallic and ceramic resistance materials for the most demanding industries. Its cutting-edge expertise is based on an integrated production platform and world-leading metallurgy and R&D. Operations are divided into three product areas: Tube; Strip, Wire and Heating Technology; and Primary Products.
Key performance areas
This Sales Engineer position is focused on maintaining, developing and extending the technical and application knowledge on a local/global level. The position is a link between R&D, Marketing, Sales and Supply. Position is responsible for monitoring new technologies, market trends and industry needs to prepare the company’s future materials and application developments, while identifying supply development needs and identifying sales opportunities.
Strategy and business planning
- Contribute to the long-term strategy and global product plans for Core & Standard products
- Responsible for the strategic technical development to prioritize industries including sales support tools and application training
- Identify product assortment changes needed to meet the demands from prioritized industries and to coordinate these with the Global Product Managers
Strategic Sales support
- Drive long term supply agreements where applicable to secure a healthy strategic position within the industry
- Assist in technical clarification where other parts of the organization need assistance
- Support Local Technical Marketing/Sales with technical knowledge and to help coordinate with R&D for complex technical issues
Technical partnership development and standardization
- Ensure that standards and specifications include Sandvik products through participation in international technical organization committees
- Participate in global business teams for designated products and to drive application development within the group
- Responsible to prepare and deliver technical papers, presentations and seminars to promote and specify Sandvik products
New Product & Process Development (NPPD) including operational excellence (OE)
- Ensure that products available for the special grade business meet customer demands with respect to product performance and quality approval
- Drive cross functional teams to develop process improvements (where applicable)
- Improve operational performance in the areas of safety, quality and way of working through continuous enhancements and active participation in cross functional teams.
Training and sales support
- Responsible for the development of, and delivery of, specific training packages for prioritized applications through the use of Application Cards. These can be though face to face and/or web-based training
- Responsible for driving and leading business in accordance with Sandvik core values, policies and processes
- Coach local marketing/sales personnel to develop competencies and ways of working locally/globally
A Bachelor’s in Metallurgical Engineering is preferred. Sales Engineer should possess at least 5 years’ experience promoting products to the oil & gas, refinery, petrochemical and chemical, fertilizer, high temperature applications, steel mills, pulp & paper, boiler, automotive industry internationally. Ability to develop or has, a multi-layer network of users and decision makers comprising Engineers, reliability managers, maintenance managers, plant managers, materials managers and designers.
- Extensive product production, fabrication, application and corrosion knowledge including machining
- Broad knowledge in LEAN processes, manufacturing technology and quality management
- Experience from SMT Business System or as a member of projects run under this scope
- Previous experience with technical marketing (5yr) preferred
- Ability to travel > 50% of the time
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at https://www.home.sandvik/en/careers/ for the Sales Engineer position, Job Requisition ID# R0014010.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set