Customer Service Representative
- Deadline: Not set
- Country: United States of America
- Location: Elgin, Illinois
- Job-ID: R0013540
- Job category: Sales and Product Service
Dormer Pramet in Elgin, IL is looking for a
Customer Service Representative
Dormer Pramet, a division of Sandvik Machining Solutions, is a global manufacturer and supplier of tools to the metal cutting industry, with offices in 20 countries worldwide. During our long history we have built a reputation for providing consistently high-quality products and customer-driven services.
The Customer Service Representative position is responsible for providing quality and efficient customer service to distributors by responding to phone, e-mail or fax requests. This will involve answering and assessing all customer inquiries, processing sales orders, and responding to all customer issues. Our ideal Customer Service Representatives are enthusiastic, proactive, team oriented and dedicated to fulfilling our customers’ needs promptly and courteously. This position will report to the US Customer Service Manager.
Key performance areas
This position requires a well-organized and an enthusiastic self-starter who enjoys working for a company that promotes a collaborative team environment. You are adept at cultivating productive relationships with distributors and can become the “go-to” person for their metal-cutting tool needs. Multitasking is part of who you are, and you take deadlines seriously. You are cooperative, responsible, and relationship-oriented, and you are looking for a career in which strong performance is rewarded, and opportunities for growth exist!
- Provide quality customer service, including interacting with customers, answering customer inquiries, and effectively handling customer complaints
- Primary contact for external & internal customers to process, enter, maintain and provide status of all standard and special orders
- Quote all established standard or contract pricing and modified tools
- Provide basic technical support and recommend products for customer applications
- Consistently communicate with internal sales personnel as well as the Customer Service Manager regarding any customer sensitive issues
- Meet established departmental KPI’s
- Support AR by investigating disputed payments and process credit memos as needed.
- Resolve quote or purchase order discrepancies for all customer orders
- Process routine returns, quality returns and annual stock returns
- Monitor one or more Key Accounts; proactive notification of late orders, issuing credits and/or RMA’s, filing customer complaints, track shipments, run open order reports as needed
- Respond promptly to customer needs; solicit customer feedback to improve service, manage difficult or emotional customer situations
- Maintain departmental processes in accordance with other affected facilities and departments
- Attend in-house and/or outside training classes to enhance and upgrade skills as required
- Perform other duties as assigned
You possess an Associate’s degree or equivalent with manufacturing industry experience and 3-5 years of customer service experience. Product knowledge and industry experience with metal cutting tools is a plus but not required. You are highly proficient in the Microsoft Office suite and experienced with ERP systems with the ability to multitask. Experience with SAP is also a plus.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Continually look to develop new ways to improve current practices
- Maintain strong relationships with both colleagues and customers
- Team player, comfortable working in a global team environment and interacting with stakeholders of all levels
Dormer Pramet offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please visit http://www.dormerpramet.com to apply for the Customer Service Representative position, Job Req. ID# R0013540.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set