Product Support Technician – Automation & Control Systems
- Deadline: Not set
- Country: United States of America
- Location: Alachua, Florida
- Job-ID: R0010881
- Job category: Sales and Product Service
Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology in Alachua, FL is looking for a
Product Support Technician - Automation & Control Systems
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a leading global supplier of equipment, tools, services, and technical solutions for the mining industry. The product offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
Key performance areas
The Product Support Technician- Automation and Control Systems duties include but not limited to testing, validation, implementation, upgrading and diagnostic troubleshooting of industrial CAN Bus control systems on Surface Blast Hole Drills globally. Interfacing with pneumatic, hydraulic, electric systems will be required. Solving customer challenges and training will be core to the role.
- Provide timely technical service support on xSeries and iSeries Sandvik drills.
- Primary ability to troubleshoot CANbus drill rigs with a software focus.
- Complete software installations and calibrations during the commissioning processes.
- Have basic ability to scan software code while connected to drill rig to troubleshoot field issues.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge on what parameters changes what functionalities within the machine controls.
- Be able to download software from Sandvik's front line tools and configure for target drill rig.
- Develop ability to download software on drill rig's PLC's and HMI display.
- Develop ability to configure CAN sensors installed on drill rig to correct CAN node and baud rate.
- Develop ability to download CAN logs from the drill rig to aid Engineering in remote support.
- Plan and execute test cases for software releases, issue reporting of problems during testing and reporting results for each tested.
- Serve as interface between Product Support and Engineering with focus on providing feedback through established design change processes that improves product quality.
- Participate in software development design reviews and relevant meetings to provide voice of the customer input.
- Provide remote support by using the test simulator environment and guide customer through the troubleshooting.
- Participate in test automation development that is used in software release testing.
- Troubleshoot machines to resolve mechanical field issues as well as control system issues.
- Conduct classroom training to provide a broader product knowledge for the region, distributor, and customer employees.
- Improve and develop new methods of training media, processes and delivery techniques.
- Support other internal departments with technical knowledge.
- Review and maintain all Technical Service Product Support related documents.
- Leverage subject knowledge and expertise in own work and in interaction with other parts of the organization.
- Continuous development of own knowledge and expertise within the area of expertise.
- Capture and develop new ideas and applies them in a way that adds value to the business.
- Share skills and best practice in the relevant area of expertise within own function/ internal networks.
- Local & international travel to Sandvik locations and customer sites for unit startup/ commissioning/ troubleshooting issue rectification and to provide operator and maintenance training.
- Comply with policies, guidelines, regulatory requirements and meet objectives per Sandvik Alachua Integrated Management System.
- Demonstrate respect and commitment to the Integrated Management System (ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 & OHSAS 18001) taking accountability for its effectiveness and continual improvement.
The Product Support Technician will possess:
- Experience with networking protocols, administration, monitoring, and support
- Strong skills in understanding and diagnosis/testing of software-based control systems in mobile equipment.
- Knowledge of process control systems to include troubleshooting, repair, and test various process control electronics and machinery. Typical components include power supplies, I/O cards, transmitters, rotary encoders, positioners, and control circuitry for distributed control systems and programmable logic controllers.
- Provide field and factory operator and maintenance training.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Preferred to read and understand pneumatic, electrical and hydraulic schematics.
- Strong electrical, hydraulic and mechanical background.
- Valid Passport, Driver’s License.
- You possess an Associates degree in Computer Science Engineering or equivalent along with at least 7 years working in a technical role on drilling or earthmoving equipment. You have ability to function independently and produce results that meet standards of quality, timeliness and acceptability with minimal supervision and general direction.
- The Product Support Technician should have the following experience:
- Excellent overall troubleshooting skills including but not limited to control systems, mechanical, electrics and hydraulic aspects of mining equipment.
- Must have experience with PLC, Microcontrollers and Programming along with a strong customer service background.
- Ability to operate drilling equipment in a mining environment. An understanding of drilling technique, operation issues that will be encountered is a preferred.
- Drill product experience is a preferred plus.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package, including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.home.sandvik/career to the Product Support Technician - Automation & Control Systems position, Job Id # R0010881.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set