Sales Manager - Tubing Pipe Long Products
- Deadline: Not set
- Country: United States of America
- Location: Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania
- Job-ID: R0009773
- Job category: Sales and Product Service
Sandvik Materials Technology in Clarks Summit, PA is looking for a
Sales Manager - Tubing & Pipe
Sandvik Materials Technology is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a world-leading manufacturer of high value-added products in advanced stainless steels, special alloys, as well as metallic and ceramic resistance materials for the most demanding industries. Its cutting-edge expertise is based on an integrated production platform and world-leading metallurgy and R&D. Operations are divided into three product areas: Tube; Strip, Wire and Heating Technology; and Primary Products.
Key performance areas
The Sales Manager - Tubing & Pipe is responsible for sales activities for Tubing, Pipe and Long products in USA & Canada. The Sales Manager shall be the regional interface with customers, lead and develop the team to perform all sales activities for its product portfolio, ensuring proper customer service level and satisfaction. The position is accountable for the regional sales and marketing plan and for maximizing profitability according to the regional and global strategies. This function must collaborate with the production units to optimize the use of Sandvik’s assets.
The main responsibilities of the role include:
- Managing the sales team while ensuring processes and routines (inquiry to offer / to order / to delivery / to collection) are aligned with customers' expectations and our capabilities
- Develop and execute the Marketing & Sales plan for the region based on PA/BU global targets, driving focus on key segments, industries and customers where Sandvik can take a leading position and provide a differentiated offering, securing long term profitable growth in the region
- Conduct regional business planning and reporting routines including: budget and forecast (incl. A&S), monthly business performance review, execution on strategy, price and profitability frameworks owned by BU product management
- Use and contribute to market intelligence routines and analysis in the region, including competitors monitoring, trade statistics, project activity and market trends, adjusting strategy and execution plan as needed
- To maintain direct and consistent contact with customers in the region
- Apply financial analysis & sales tools to close sale
- Develop value-based selling arguments and service offering to enable proper differentiation from competition
- Work with Product Management and Technical Marketing team to identify target markets, applications and customers for continued profitable growth
- Provide technical support to internal and external customers
- Ensure proper representation of the company at customers and industry events, as well as in trade associations
- Collaborate with the S&OP and inventory management teams to secure product assortment and lead times according to customers' needs and in line with BU's NWC targets
- Drive strategic initiatives with support from BU Management team
- Conduct performance and development dialogues, provide training, coaching and feedback to employees regarding, competencies, job performance, professional conduct and customer satisfaction
- Apply frames and set individual salaries, STI and bonus objectives in compliance with SANDVIK`s guidelines and the local legal requirements
- Comply with SEmp, Diversity & inclusion program
- Perform requirements as a leader within Sandvik, driving business in accordance with company's core values, policies and processes, assuring adherence to group compliance as well as local legal and taxation rules
- Safety responsible, especially for direct reports
- Building a foundation for future organizational growth by taking care of key roles and professional through competence development, Talent & Succession planning
- Other tasks as required by management
You possess a BA/BS in Marketing, Engineering, Business or Communications. (Additional equivalent experience could replace a portion of the educational requirement.) Possess 5-10 years’ experience in sales management environment or other commercial sales leadership in a customer service / support role.
The successful Candidate for this position will meet the following requirements:
- Excellent management, people and teamwork skills
- Good communication skills
- Excellent analysis, problem solving and creative ability
- Self-awareness and easy to adapt
- Strong and professional in driving performance and continuous improvement
- Great business acumen
- Ability to technically understand products, applications and target industries Ability to understand production capabilities and customer requirements
- Experienced with presentations and value proposition
- Excellent networking and co-operation skills including develop relationships with stakeholders internally and externally
- High focus on health and safety
- Adherence to company values
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.home.sandvik/careers to the Sales Manager - Tubing & Pipe position, Job Requisition # R0009773.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set