Rock Tools Technician
- Deadline: 15 Dec
- Country: Australia
- Location: Mount Isa QLD, Queensland
- Job-ID: R0015534
- Job category: Manufacturing
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a leading supplier of equipment, tools, services, support and technical solutions for the mining and construction industry, and our operations and organizations are spread around the globe. We offer you a world of opportunities and our diverse businesses and cross-border networks enable you to explore your potential and thrive.
As a Rock Tool Technician, you will be required to perform all necessary daily activities that are associated with servicing of a Sandvik Rock Tool supply Cost Per Metre contract, including compliance with all relevant operating procedures and policies, work scopes and contract documents.
The role will be based at our client’s minesite and will be a residential role based at Mt Isa on an 8/6 roster.
You will need a valid driver’s licence for this role.
Key performance areas
- Perform the daily delivery services of product to each drill site
- Remove all worn and damaged rock tools from the drill sites
- Analyse the condition and/or failures and discuss with the operators
- Replenish circuit stock on each rig to the established levels
- Complete analysis of failed product and report any abnormalities to the Product Support Manager and/or Sales Representative
- Perform the sorting, gauging, cutting back, grinding and colour coding of used drill bits
- Perform the refurbishment of blocked and bent drill rods
You will have experience working underground alongside drilling equipment and preferably with a current induction.
Additionally, a minimum 2 years’ experience working with DTH, Top Hammer or similar working underground. You must have a strong safety commitment as well as excellent customer service and communication skills. Knowledge of on-site service contracts, underground mining and familiarity with Sandvik drilling products would also be favorable.
This is 8 days on, 6 days off roster, with the expectation of reasonable overtime when required and you must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
Agencies need not apply.
What we offer
- Options for additional superannuation contribution (2.5% above the superannuation guarantee)
- An Employee Benefits Program including salary sacrifice options, a company-wide bonus scheme, and Length of Service Recognition program
- Company funded paid parental leave which includes superannuation contributions during the leave period
- Training opportunities for employees – from internal programs to contributions towards external studies
- A Sandvik Wellness Program for employees’ who want to improve their health and wellbeing
Our Company and Culture
Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology is a leading supplier in equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. Application areas include rock drilling, rock cutting, crushing and screening, loading and hauling, tunnelling, quarrying and breaking and demolition.
We conduct business in a sustainable and responsible manner. To achieve this, we always act in line with our high ethical standards, putting safety first and always showing consideration for the environment and the communities in which we operate. The safety and well-being of our employees and the environment are our core values. Finally, we care about others and build relationships based on honesty, respect and trust.
At Sandvik, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Sandvik is a high-tech and global engineering group offering products and services that enhance customer productivity, profitability and safety. We hold world-leading positions in selected areas – tools and tooling systems for metal cutting; equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries; products in advanced stainless steels and special alloys as well as products for industrial heating. In 2018, the Group had approximately 42,000 employees and sales of 100 billion SEK in more than 150 countries within continuing operations
Applications close: 13/12/2019
Job Reference No: R0015534