Rock Tools Technician
- Deadline: 14 Mar
- Country: Canada
- Location: Lively, Ontario
- Job-ID: R0008400
- Job category: Manufacturing
Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology is seeking
Rock Tools Technician
Location: Musselwhite, Ontario
14 days on-14 days off, 12 hours a day
Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology is a leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industry. Our offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
The Rock Tools Technician is responsible for supporting the rock tools contract by providing guidance in correct usage of tools, carrying out sharpening and reconditioning of rock tools according to defined specifications and keeping accurate records of rock tools use.
- Repairs and maintains rock tools to defined specifications
- Make the delivery of rock tools products to the customer
- Knowledge of the rock tools products
- Maintains bit reconditioning report log
- Troubleshoots and provide technical recommendations and improvements to Supervisor
- Assists in training of customers and Sandvik employees as required
- Reports occurrences that may indicate improper usage or selection by operators
- Completes accurate time records, technical reports, failure reports
- Stays current with industry, customer, product developments and technical best practices.
·Builds sound relationships with the rock tools team and internal and external customers to ensure smooth operations.
Safety and Environment
- Complies with SMC safety policies and applicable government, customer or industry regulations or requirements.
- Responsibility to identify and report any unsafe work habits, workplace incidents and / or near misses.
- Maintains orderly workshop and ensures housekeeping requirements are met.
- Ensures that all activities are carried out in accordance with Company Values and current Company Policies and Procedures.
- Completion of Secondary Education (High School)
- Knowledge of and experience with industry specific equipment (DTH Hammers, Drills etc.) and rock drill operations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer skills
- Ability to work varied shifts as required
- Highly self-directed and have the ability to work in a team environment
- Valid class 5 driver’s license
- Valid explosives permit and class 3 driver’s license is an asset Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
How to Apply
Qualified candidates can apply at www.sandvik.com/careers to the Reconditioning Technician job Requisition R0008400.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Sandvik is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every worker has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Deadline: 14 Mar