Engineering Supervisor – Current Product Improvement (CPI)
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions – Rotary Drills is looking for an Engineering Supervisor – Current Product Improvement (CPI) to join their Rotary Drilling Division located in Alachua, Florida.
At Sandvik, we set the industry standard. That’s our vision, our guiding principle. And were looking for people who feel the same way! Rotary Drilling, a division within Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions (SMR) is a leading and cutting-edge supplier of technologically advanced blasthole drills for the mining and construction industries. Based in Alachua, FL the division leverages the latest digital technology to develop solutions which improve our customers productivity while reducing total cost of ownership. We prioritize our people, safety, and reliability.
As the Engineering Supervisor (CPI) you will be responsible for driving efficiency of the assembly of the product, reducing build time, and resolving design issues from the field reports. In this role, you will contribute to the operational development of the Department and Team.
- Maintaining technical coordination and support with the engineering staff and other departments, including, but not limited to, production, purchasing, sales and customer Service.
- Ability to mentor engineering team
- Implement common solutions across products
- Work on the product design issues as prioritized under the CPI process
- Resolve the field quality issues agreed with the technical service team
- Follow strict product upgrade plans and roll out on the current products
- Interact with product line and supply team to identify cost saving and design improvement opportunities
- Perform and approve design calculations to ensure the design meets the requirements
- Give design feedbacks to the new product development team
- Work closely with component/system lead and ensure there is common solutions across products
- Manage a project team, assign them tasks and mentor junior members of the project team in technical aspects of the project
- Drive efficiency of the assembly of the product and reducing build time
- Cooperate with the remote resource pools and engage resources as needed
- Ensure product bill of material and drawings are ready for serial production
- Will work in compliance with the Sandvik safety management program
In addition to your Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline, you possess a minimum 7 years’ practical experience in engineering and at least 1-2 years supervisory experience.
Required Skills / Competencies
- Familiarity with Sandvik products and processes
- CAD package Proficiency (NX and/or MEDUSA preferred)
- Working within PDM system (TeamCenter)
- Good understanding of common engineering standards for mobile equipment product development (3D- modelling, design & drafting, GD&T)
- Ability to prioritize workloads and be well organized
- Ability to work cross functionally in a high-pressure environment
- Team working and clear communication skills
- Must be knowledgeable in structure, hydraulics and power transmission
- Understanding machine steel fabrications, manufacturing techniques, and processes for mobile equipment
- Application knowledge of mobile equipment, preferably in drilling equipment
- High-level of strategic and innovative thinking across all processes
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental, vision and disability insurance, and a generous 401(k) retirement savings plan (we auto/match your contribution up to 8%). In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement. In addition to your regular PTO days, you receive paid sick days. We offer recreational and employee discounts, including a gym membership stipend.
At Sandvik, we’re technology driven, innovative, entrepreneurial, and inclusive! Success is a team effort, and we believe that diversity inspires, so we invest in supporting each other, learning together, and celebrating our differences.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.sandvik.com/careers to the Engineering Supervisor – Current Product Improvement position, Job Req. # # R0041328
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at hrsupport.sandvik.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law. Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a Veteran-friendly employer.
Deadline: Not set