TERELION, part of Sandvik Mining Rock is looking for a
Location: Carrollton, TX
Terelion, is a global company servicing the Mining business. We operate in over 120 countries providing premium drill bits, DTH and RPS, knowledge and expertise to achieve customer goals. The key to the company's success is our innovative employees. Terelion offers an exciting and fast paced work environment, attractive benefits, and competitive pay. If you’re looking to invest in your career development, Terelion is the right place for you. Come join our team!
Key performance areas
To leverage subject knowledge and expertise in own work and in interaction with other parts of the organization. Capture and develop new ideas and applies them in a way that adds value to the business. Share skills and best practice in the relevant area of expertise within own function/ internal networks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Use FEA, CFD, DOE, and other similar tools in the analysis and development of new technology as described. Maintains an awareness of industry developments through conferences, technical papers, patents, periodicals, and trade shows.
- Participates in and provides technical direction for long term planning of product and system development.
- Prepares or directs preparation of designs, detail drawings, and schematics for test machines, fixtures, mock-ups, and samples.
- Plans and develops experimental test programs.
- Analyses test data and reports to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications.
- Prepare and present findings and recommendations orally and in writing.
- Monitors the performance of products through analysis of returned products and initiates corrective action when required.
- Prepares and reviews patent disclosures and makes recommendations regarding same to executive management.
- Renders disposition of discrepant products and processes.
- Ongoing examination and evaluation of existing Varel technology.
- Ongoing benchmarking of Varel technology vs. Industry competitors.
- Development of new technology (materials and concepts).
- Master of Science (M.S.) in Mechanical Engineering or a closely related field.
- At least two years Industry or Academic experience in area of research focus.
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in project management
- Experience of Microsoft Office software.
- Willingness to travel.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of life, health, dental, and disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at to the R&D Engineer position, Job Requisition # R0029561.
Terelion is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Aug 15