Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology in Alachua, FL is looking for a
We are looking for someone to apply their technical knowledge, engineering creativity and commitment to quality to join our Sandvik Family!
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a leading global supplier of equipment, tools, service, and technical solutions for the mining industry. The product offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
Key performance areas:
Rotary Drills Division is seeking an innovative and team oriented Structural Engineer for our Surface Mining Customer Segment at our Alachua, FL facility.
As part of a diverse and dedicated team of Engineers, you will perform and prepare reports of structural finite element analyses (FEA) including non-linear and modal analyses and provide suggested solutions to structural design problems. Test and validate theoretical structural calculations including but not limited to the selection, application, and analyses of strain gauges as well as conduct a variety of calculations to substantiate designs.
Additionally, the Structural Engineer will be responsible for:
- Maintaining and updating structural design standards.
- Partnering with System Leads to ensure designs meet appropriate standards, quality and follow the component and system strategy as well as conducting cross-functional design reviews across other departments.
- Collaboration with Chief Engineers to ensure on time projects completion, product meets specification, are fully tested and in compliance with the Sandvik safety management program.
The Structural Engineer is a team player, innovative and a good communicator. You must have a Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering and 3-5 years’ practical engineering experience. Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering degree is a plus. Experience with MS Office Suite, CAD package and PDM system.
In addition, you’ll need:
- Application knowledge of mobile equipment, preferably in drilling equipment.
- Ability to perform finite element analysis (FEA), interpret results and suggest improvements (ANSYS preferred).
- Ability to select and analyze strain gauge data.
- Understanding of machine steel fabrications, manufacturing techniques and processes.
- Understanding of mechanics of materials and design/application of machine elements.
- Understanding of common structural engineering standards (for mobile equipment preferred).
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of life, health, dental, and disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, employee wellness and recreational discounts and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.sandvik.com/careers to the Structural Engineer position, Job Req. ID # R0027581.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set