Digital Machining Specialist – Factory Connectivity
- Deadline: 3 Dec
- Country: Sweden, Germany
- Location: Västberga, Aachen, Sandviken
- Job-ID: R0021650
- Job category: Research & Development
At Sandvik Coromant, we believe in finding that perfect mix between work, family, life and interest, and we happily support our employees in balancing this. For us, it’s also clear that diversity of experience, perspective and background forms an amazing foundation for achieving great results. With us, you work in an agile environment, alongside machining specialists, product owners, software developers, architects, testers, and of course our customers. We take an incremental approach to product development, where user feedback is a key enabler for both speed and ability to deliver the ultimate customer experience. We’re now looking for a specialist in integrating digital solutions that can gather operational data from factory software and equipment.
As Digital Machining Specialist within Sandvik Coromant you drive the development and implementation of IIoT standards to meet the needs of our digital products. With your deep knowledge in your domain you can quickly de-risk projects through your ability to make complex problems easy for others to understand. Join us in this exciting role where you get to work with both internal business and R&D, as well as with global partners to drive forward the development and integration of our digital products.
Your office base is in Stockholm or Sandviken (Sweden) or Aachen (Germany) and you report to the R&D Manager for Digital Machining.
Areas of responsibility
- Drive our technology roadmap for factory connectivity
- Engage with external forums and partners to leverage global standards and initiate collaborations
- Explore and evaluate technical solutions that can be used to realize business requirements
- Evaluate if available technology can deliver current and future business needs and take actions where technology gaps are identified
- Support the planning of development activities, including attending and hosting technology workshops
- Document functional and non-functional requirements and secure sufficient detailer for developers
- Proactively manage, mitigate and communicate risks in the product development activities
- Take initiative to develop your own and your teams knowledge and expertise in relevant areas
Experiences and qualifications
- Familiar with functionality of modern CNC control systems
- Experienced in using communication protocols to obtain data from different machine tool controller types. This may be open standards like MTConnect, but should also include knowledge of machine controller specific technology for Siemens, Fanuc or other major brands
- Good understanding of machining technology
- Good understanding tool data management
- Bachelor´s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience
- Fluent in English
- Experience from working in an agile product development environment
- Experienced in developing and implementing APIs to MES and ERP systems, or similar.
- Good understanding of factory operations, such as production planning, part tracking, quality control, equipment maintenance and operational efficiency
We evaluate our candidates experiences and testing skills during interviews but we also give personality - like analytical, self-driven, organized, structured, communicative and with a team player attitude - a big weightage. We think it’s time to build teams around these soft skills, while keeping technical competence in mind. Welcome to our exciting world!
How to apply
Send your application no later than December 3rd, 2020. Read more about Sandvik Group and apply by visiting our career site (Job ID: R0021650).
For further information about this position, please contact:
Tom McLeay, Research and Development Manager Digital Machining, +46 (0)70 616 03 07
Union contacts - Sweden
Thomas Lilja, Unionen, +46 (0)26 266 659
Göran Norell, Akademikerföreningen, +46 (0)26 266 574
Peter Olsson-Andrée, Ledarna, +46 (0)26 261 984
For more information about the recruitment process, please contact HR Services, +46 (0)26 261 444.
We have already decided on which advertising channels and marketing campaigns we wish to use, and respectfully decline any additional contacts.
Deadline: 3 Dec