R&D Engineer - Cutting
- Deadline: 29 Jul
- Country: Australia
- Location: Heatherbrae NSW, New South Wales
- Job-ID: R0019399
- Job category: Research & Development
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology
R&D Engineer - Cutting
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a leading supplier of equipment, tools, services, support and technical solutions for the mining and construction industry, and our operations and organizations are spread around the globe. We offer you a world of opportunities and our diverse businesses and cross-border networks enable you to explore your potential and thrive.
This role is a part of our team focused on development of products within the product line of Bolting and Cutting - Rock Tools, and as R&D Engineer you will participate in all steps of the development cycle - from idea to launched products. This role will be developing products for mining and civil industry.
Areas of responsibility
- Manage product development projects from the start to completion, including; project documentation, project reports, project updates
- Production and interpretation of technical designs and drawings
- Prototype testing in laboratory
- Test method development
- Prototype and product testing in underground environment at customer sites
- Participate in and lead projects with the planning, design, ordering and monitoring of the production of prototypes
- Compilation of technical engineering reports
- Adhere to all policies & procedures especially the EHS policies
You will have a tertiary qualification in Engineering, be comfortable working in a small team, sharing knowledge and working with best practice. You will have experience and a cultivated interest in innovation, product design and project management or similar fields.
You will be passionate about projects and driving results, be innovative in thinking and be able to demonstrate a track record of project delivery, possess strong interpersonal and oral/written communication skills. You will be well organised, self-motivated and able to manage workload independently. Sandvik will offer you the opportunity to develop professionally and be challenged technically on a regular basis.
What we offer
- An Employee Benefits Program including salary sacrifice options, a company-wide bonus scheme, and Length of Service Recognition program
- Company funded paid parental leave which includes superannuation contributions during the leave period
- Training opportunities for employees – from internal programs to contributions towards external studies
- A Sandvik Wellness Program for employees’ who want to improve their health and wellbeing
Our Company and Culture
Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology is a leading supplier in equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. Application areas include rock drilling, rock cutting, crushing and screening, loading and hauling, tunneling, quarrying and breaking and demolition.
We conduct business in a sustainable and responsible manner. To achieve this we always act in line with our high ethical standards, putting safety first and always showing consideration for the environment and the communities in which we operate. The safety and well-being of our employees and the environment are our core values. Finally, we care about others and build relationships based on honesty, respect and trust.
At Sandvik, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
How to apply
Click ‘Apply Now’ button, or access the Sandvik website home.sandvik/careers
07 3621 1823
Applications close: 30 July 2020 or sooner if the right applicant is found
Job Reference No:
Sandvik is a high-tech and global engineering group offering products and services that enhance customer productivity, profitability and safety. We hold world-leading positions in selected areas – tools and tooling systems for metal cutting; equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries; products in advanced stainless steels and special alloys as well as products for industrial heating. In 2017, the Group had approximately 43,000 employees and sales of 91 billion SEK in more than 150 countries within continuing operations.
Deadline: 29 Jul