Sandvik Mining & Construction USA, LLC in Alachua, FL is looking for an Engineering Manager (Job Code R0054502)
Your performance areas:
The Engineering Manager position is responsible for driving efficiency of the assembly of the mining drill rig product, reducing build time and resolving engineering design issues from the field reports. The Engineering Manager will maintain technical coordination and support with the engineering staff and other departments, including, production, purchasing, sales and customer service.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage engineering team and implement common engineering solutions across mining drill rig products.
- Work on the product design issues as prioritized under the CPI process.
- Resolve field quality issues in conjunction with the technical service team.
- Follow strict product upgrade plans and roll out on the current mining drill rig products.
- Interact with product line and supply team to identify cost saving and design improvement opportunities.
- Perform and approve engineering design calculations to ensure the design meets the requirements.
- Give design feedback to the new product development team.
- Work closely with component/system lead and ensure there is common automation solutions across mining drill rig products.
- Lead a project team, assign tasks and mentor junior members of the project team in engineering/technical aspects of the project.
- Set expectations, priorities, and timelines for projects and tasks.
- Cooperate with remote resource pools and engage resources as needed.
- Ensure product bill of material and drawings are ready for serial production.
- Work in compliance with the Sandvik safety management program.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Three (3) years of experience as Design Engineer or Mechanical Engineer.
- The three (3) years of experience must have included mechanical engineering design for surface mining drill rigs and the creation of CAD models in NX for design components and assemblies. Employer will accept as equivalent to a U.S. Bachelor's degree a combination of diplomas, degrees or certificates determined to be equivalent to a U.S. Bachelor's Degree by a professional credentials evaluation service.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of life, health, dental, and disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, employee wellness and recreational discounts, tuition reimbursement and a generous 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, apply at https://www.home.sandvik/career referencing job code R0054502.
Sandvik Mining is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law. Sandvik Mining is a veteran-friendly company.
Deadline: Not set
Deadline: Not set