Sandvik Rock Processing Solutions, Division Mobile Crushing & Screening is recruiting for a R&D Technician
Sandvik is a high-tech, global engineering group offering advanced products and services that enhance customer productivity, profitability and safety. We have world - leading positions in selected areas - tools for metal cutting, equipment and tools for the mining and construction industries, stainless materials, special alloys, metallic and ceramic resistance materials as well as process systems.
At Sandvik, we offer you a world of opportunities. Our diverse businesses and global network enable you to explore your potential and thrive. While discussing the best solution for you today, we are already thinking ahead to the best solution for you tomorrow.
We currently have an opportunity for an R&D Technician to understand new systems in development, assemble and develop prototype machines on a strict deadline. The Sandvik Construction Mobile Crushers & Screens Ltd office is located in Ballygawley, County Tyrone.
As an R&D Technician you will be working closely with Design, Stress & Automation engineers as the projects develops through the varies design, build & testing stages; you will carry out and document on site testing of new and updated products as directed. You will oversee and organize the fabrication and assembly of new products keeping detailed logs of modifications as the product moves through the prototype and pre-production stage. You will liaise with the Service Department on field service feedback and repair and modify new and existing products. You will train manufacturing and service personnel on new products and take ownership of improvement projects as directed. Some travel to customer sites predominantly in Ireland and the UK will be required for the repair and modification of new and existing products, therefore a full clean driving license is required.
- You will need experience of welding and fabricating.
- Have a practical knowledge of mobile hydraulics and electrics with diagnostic experience.
- You will be able to read engineering drawings including hydraulic and electrical schematics and have experience with PLC control systems.
- You will need to be a strong team player with effective communication skills but also be able to work on your own initiative and meet strict deadlines with minimal supervision.
- You will need to be able to deal with customers and clients face to face in a professional manner.
- You will need to be proficient in the use of Microsoft applications or their equivalent.
In return for your passion and drive we will offer you
- The opportunity to be make an impact on our Business Unit’s performance.
- The opportunity to be part of an ambitious team driving real change.
- The opportunity to coach and develop others.
- A competitive reward package
Where others see many, we see you – personally. We recognize and value your passion and personality. With your excellent communication and change management skills; you will be able to bring our services to the next level! How to apply? Interested by this challenge? Please apply directly via sandvikcareers.com quoting reference R0050964 or for further information regarding the recruitment process contact +44 7811 581106 .
Deadline: Mar 27