Regional EHS Specialist
- Deadline: Not set
- Country: United States of America
- Location: Elko, Nevada
- Job-ID: R0014435
- Job category: Environment, Health & Safety
Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology in Elko, NV is looking for a
Regional EHS Specialist
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a leading global supplier of equipment, tools, services, and technical solutions for the mining industry. The product offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
Key Performance Areas
We are looking for a proactive team player who will manage EHS programs and work to improve the environmental, health and safety processes at our Elko, NV facility and Western USA.
As the Regional EHS Specialist, you will be responsible for supporting the site’s efforts to maintain the ISO 45001 and ISO 14001 management systems, the Sandvik EHS Global Standards and regulatory requirements and ensure a safe, healthy and incident-free workplace. You will source and implement programs to train managers and employees in work site safety practices, fire prevention, and correct handling techniques for chemicals, wastes, equipment and other potential hazards.
- Provide a clear vision of the requirements, initiatives, actions and outcomes for the site, in order to meet or exceed the required EHS standards. Ensure these activities are captured within yearly site EHS objectives and action plans and effectively executed
- Making recommendations for the improvement of EHS practices, business processes, operational practices and workplace design. Review and assessment of hazard and incident reporting, incident investigations, injuries and workers’ compensation outcomes. Apply knowledge of legislative change or improvement in best practices
- Support management of Workers Compensation cases as needed, including reporting to MSHA as required
- Maintain legal compliance with all applicable OSHA, MSHA, EPA, DOT, State and local regulations, including completion of all required reporting
- Coordinate performance of all necessary internal audits and inspections
- Drive the implementation and education of the Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology EHS Strategic management plan
- Plan and implement EHS policies and procedures in compliance with relevant legislation and corporate requirements
- Source and implement programs to train managers and employees in work site safety practices, fire prevention. Correct handling techniques for chemicals, wastes, equipment and other materials
- Recommend measures to reduce or eliminate industrial incidents and health hazards
- Lead the investigation of incidents and injuries and manage documentation
We are looking for a self-directed and collaborative individual who has strong leadership and technical skills in addition to effective speaking skills. A bachelor’s degree is preferred, ideally in science, environmental and/or safety discipline. We will also consider individuals with working experience in an EHS role or dealing with EHS in a production environment. Exposure to safety management systems within a mining and manufacturing organization will be considered a plus.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package, including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at https://www.home.sandvik/en/careers/ for the Regional EHS Specialist position, Job Req. # R0014435.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.