Supplier Quality Specialist
Sandvik Mining in Alachua, FL is looking for a Supplier Quality Specialist
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a leading global supplier of equipment, tools, service, and technical solutions for the mining industry. The product offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
Key performance areas
As the Supplier Quality Specialist, you will be responsible to perform and maintain procedures and systems to assure that quality standards and targets are being attained by our suppliers. Ensure quality aspect is included into all supplier operations and documented when needed. Perform Supplier Audits, remote and on-site, travel is required.
Additionally, the Supplier Quality Specialist:
- Use supplier audit data to improve process by performing root cause analysis and identifying solutions.
- Coordinate with Quality Technicians on supplier claims to ensure supplier corrective action process.
- Maintain suppliers’ commitment to Sandvik’s Quality processes thru audit and feedback.
- Implement corrective/preventative actions based on findings.
- Perform or review final inspection of Sandvik products.
- Perform incoming inspections for large, fabricated components in Alachua.
- Effectively communicate with all relevant internal customers on supplier claims.
- Ensure supplier compliance to any testing requirements, including NDT and CWI VT.
The Supplier Quality Specialist should have:
- 5+ years in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in designing and implementing Quality Improvement systems from conception to finished product (cradle to grave) a plus.
- Experience with FMEA, 5 Why, Ishikawa Diagram, etc. a plus.
- Ability to work independently.
- Safety and quality focus with open mind, innovative spirit.
- Adept problem solver – logical and methodical approach in problem solving.
- Superior communication skills, written and verbal.
- High level of professionalism, honesty and integrity.
- Must be able to read Engineering drawings.
- Proficiency with measuring tooling of many different types including precision vernier, dial, digital, laser, etc.
- Quality champion – capable of supporting ISO 9001 document requirements.
- Demonstrated capabilities to work collaboratively and cross-functionally while successfully developing and maintaining key professional and customer relationships.
- Current on latest technology and quality best practices.
- Proficient with MS Office – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio, etc.
- ERP knowledge and usage a plus.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package, including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.home.sandvik.com/career to the Supplier Quality Specialist position, Job# R0052619.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at HRsupport.US@sandvik.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set