Quality Technician coatings
Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology in Ballygawley is looking for a:
Quality Technician - Coatings
Sandvik is a high-tech, global engineering group offering advanced products and services that enhance customer productivity, profitability and safety. We have world - leading positions in selected areas - tools for metal cutting, equipment and tools for the mining and construction industries, stainless materials, special alloys, metallic and ceramic resistance materials as well as process systems. The Group has about 47,000 employees and representation in approximately 130 countries, with sales of around £7.3 billion.
At Sandvik, we offer you a world of opportunities. Our diverse businesses and global network enable you to explore your potential and thrive. While discussing the best solution for you today, we are already thinking ahead to the best solution for you tomorrow. Our proactive career planning ensures that your performance is recognised and offers various ways to fuel your growth towards exceptional achievements.
DETERMINED APPROACH WITH A QUALITY BACKGOUND?
WE LIKE THAT ABOUT YOU
About the Role
The Quality Technician is at the heart of driving continuous improvement in our quality management systems and providing coaching and support to our manufacturing teams. All with the aim of supporting our teams to reach a zero defects – right first time culture.
The successful applicant will apply experience and knowledge to complete assigned work using quality assurance procedures, tool methods and processes. You will be supporting our teams in the development of the In Process Verification whilst ensuring the adherence to Quality standards for paint. You will be able to input and analyse data from our Quality Assurance systems in order to drive continuous improvement both from site and with our suppliers.
You will be a source of support for the production teams in the escalation of quality related production issues to ensure their timely resolution.
Job Description Specifics:
- Ensure a safe working environment abiding by all necessary Environmental Health and Safety requirements and legislation.
- Zero Defects – Get It Right First Time
- Support introduction, and maintenance of the In Process Verification, to promote, and encourage this throughout all areas related to assembly. Further support the implementation of any tools / documents that help monitor and report this Quality focus.
- Ensure relevant processes and documentation are maintained in adherence to our Quality standards for coatings ISO2944 an ISO8501-3 - internally and externally; which focuses on Corrosion Protection of Steel by Protective Paint, and the Preparation of steel substrates before application of paints and related products.
- Develop, maintain and support Quality Assurance processes carried out by our suppliers, through Quality Inspection Documentation, and their effectiveness in response to reports especially repeat part failures or repetitive workmanship, application and material handling related faults.
- Ensure First Article Inspection process(es) are followed, maintaining strong communications with other internal department stakeholders, and provide clear and concise reports / feedback within process parameters.
- Provide information to ensure reporting is accurate in regards to supplier or internal issues, where you are involved, and further provide continuous support to protect the takt time, and resolve issues rapidly.
- Support and participate in route cause / Corrective action analysis of defective parts, full containment, and problem solving within the unit (or cross functional) ensuring Sandvik are compensated where deemed fair and necessary.
- Drives and/or participates in projects related to quality.
- Supports the organisation with technical competence in specific area.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in the use of coating (wet and or powder) equipment and measuring equipment.
- Knowledge and understanding of quality processes required to deliver coating to a high standard. (Application / Inspection / Equipment displays experience / background in any of the above)
- Good interpersonal and communication skills both written and spoken.
- Fully proficient in the use of MS Office (Word / PPT & Excel)
Where others see many, we see you – personally. We recognize and value your passion and personality. With your excellent communication and change management skills; you will be able to bring our services to the next level!
How to apply? Interested by this challenge? Please apply directly via sandvikcareers.com quoting reference the reference R0052259 for further information regarding the recruitment process contact +44 (0)7811 581106
Deadline: Mar 30