Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions – Rotary Drills is looking for a hands-on Quality Engineer. A detailed and organized individual that wants to join a dynamic and growing team. If this sounds like you, please keep reading…
Rotary Drilling, a division within Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions (SMR) is a leading and cutting-edge supplier of technologically advanced blasthole drills for the mining and construction industries. Based in Alachua, Florida the division leverages the latest digital technology to develop solutions which improve our customers productivity while reducing total cost of ownership. We prioritize our people, safety, and reliability.
The Quality Engineer will be responsible for the development and implementation of procedures and systems to assure that quality standards and targets are being attained.
The Quality Engineer will be responsible for
- Ensuring quality aspects are included into all operations and documented when needed
- Organizing, developing, and performing QA Audits for all operations
- Use audit data to improve process by performing root cause analysis and identifying solutions
- Review customer and frontline feedback and perform root cause analysis and identify solutions
- Implement corrective actions based on findings
- Coordination and maintenance of all quality related documentation in production operations
- Coordinate and manage and document all calibrations of tooling and measuring equipment
- Communicate with Production Teams to resolve quality issues
- Help organization with daily quality problems
- Design and conduct training for Production Associates to target chronic quality issues
- Ensuring Production meets all regulatory and company requirements
- Assist in establishing quality control objectives
- Maintaining relationships with suppliers
- Performing quality system audits
- Comply with policies, guidelines, regulatory requirements and meet objectives per Sandvik Alachua Integrated Management System.
- Demonstrate respect and commitment to the IMS System (ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 & ISO 45001:2018) taking accountability for its effectiveness and continual improvement
- Other duties as assigned
Additional responsibilities for the Quality Engineer
- Oversee internal processes and procedures to ensure quality
- Regularly analyze quality data and suggest actions based on collected data
- Manage the log of quality reports and other quality documentation
- Ensure quality and sustainability of production processes
- Investigate customers' needs and develop a strategy to meet those needs
- Communicate with the Production team to assure quality processes are followed
- Perform Receiving Inspections to ensure incoming product meets established standards
- Adept at working in a Team and Quality Culture
In addition to having a Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA) in Industrial Engineering/Manufacturing or equivalent job-related experience, you have a technical background and deep experience with manufacturing processes including metal working, fabrication, welding, machining, and assembly practices. You have at least 3 years project delivery experience working as a quality professional and have acquired general knowledge of quality systems and supplier improvement methodology.
The Quality Engineer should possess
- Ability to drive production quality performance, including new product development and product quality improvement
- Familiarity with Root-Cause Analysis (8D)
- Performing quality system audits
- Maintaining Internal Quality records
- Superior communication skills, written and verbal
- High level of professionalism, honesty, and integrity
- Must be able to read Engineering drawings and schematics
- Ability to effectively multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously and independently
- Quality champion – capable of supporting ISO 9001 document requirements
- Knowledge of advanced methodologies like lean manufacturing and six sigma analyses
- Demonstrated capabilities to work collaboratively and cross-functionally while successfully developing and maintaining key professional and customer relationships
- Strong analytical skills and current on latest technology and quality best practices
- High proficiency with MS Office – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio, etc.
- Strong technical skills - ERP knowledge and usage a plus
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental, vision and disability insurance, and a generous 401(k) retirement savings plan (we auto/match your contribution up to 8%). In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement. In addition to your regular PTO days, you receive paid sick days. We offer recreational and employee discounts, including a gym membership stipend.
At Sandvik, we’re technology driven, innovative, entrepreneurial, and inclusive! Success is a team effort, and we believe that diversity inspires, so we invest in supporting each other, learning together, and celebrating our differences.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.sandvik.com/careers to the Quality Engineer position, Job Req. ID # R0039766.
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at hrsupport.sandvik.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law. Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a Veteran-friendly employer.
Deadline: Not set